You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thinking of killing the neighbours. They have a shitty post and chicken wite fence on one side and there shit keeps growing through and over. The other side has a 40ft plus conifer and some other bastard tree that drops these red cone things that burst all over the garden. Id tamper with the gas but it would probably do my house in too

I really do enjoy looking at this thread but when somebody writes about their missus doing topless gardening its like an open goal. If nobody took the bait it just wouldnt be the GF,would it?

I actually cut some bushes yesterday but it was hardly worth mentioning compared to the work Tom R's gardener will be undertaking.

I really do enjoy looking at this thread but when somebody writes about their missus doing topless gardening its like an open goal. If nobody took the bait it just wouldnt be the GF,would it?

I actually cut some bushes yesterday but it was hardly worth mentioning compared to the work Tom R's gardener will be undertaking.

To be fair I was pissed and bragging.

Grass is a pain in the neck (I was going to type 'pain in the arse', but didn't want to highlight the obvious rhyme - which i just did anyway). Mine's fucked through a combination of female dog and 4 year old daughter. Weeds and dead patches all over it. I bought some of that grass seed that's mixed in with some growing agent/soil affair. It was on offer for £5 in The Asda. Current economy of that purchase is £1 per blade of grass. The fucks.

So I'm taking action, and have trawled YouTube and learnt everything I need to attempt a total renovation. Scarifying, aerating, fertilising and over-seeding. I'm getting a quote to have someone else do it but I think I'm going to try it myself. Travis Perkins can fuck off as well. £78 per day to hire a scarifying machine?

I'll do some before and afters because, even if you don't care, I'd like my efforts to be globally accessible whether good or bad.

• Upvote 1

Grass doesn't rhyme with arse unless you have a horrible accent

Good luck with the grass, I was thinking of trying to do something with ours this year but the puppy is intent on destroying the entire garden (our rose bushes now have fences around them, the tulips I bought in Amsterdam will never see another spring) so might leave it another year until she's matured a bit

• 2 weeks later...

Grass doesn't rhyme with arse unless you have a horrible accent

Good luck with the grass, I was thinking of trying to do something with ours this year but the puppy is intent on destroying the entire garden (our rose bushes now have fences around them, the tulips I bought in Amsterdam will never see another spring) so might leave it another year until she's matured a bit

I just spent £200 on plants and shrubs thanks to Champ and her online shop suggestion, and my puppy is digging them up, so probably wise.

I don't know whether to blame Champ or the puppy...

I just spent £200 on plants and shrubs thanks to Champ and her online shop suggestion, and my puppy is digging them up, so probably wise.

I don't know whether to blame Champ or the puppy...

Oh, dear, what have you started?

I've just about given up on the courgettes, because of those gastropod twats.

I'm trying just about everything short of slug pellets - copper tape; beer traps; anti-slug gravel; wool pellets - to try to protect the broccolli and the cucumbers.  (I'm told that chives, garlic, chervil and mint help to deter the bastards.  I've got some seeds, but I'm starting them in the greenhouse.)

13260198_10153531979592019_5078456371569

13268267_10153531979657019_7553795231158