You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A site search threw up neko's Gardening thread but that's way to serious for me and I cant even dream to match his professional skills but I do love my garden.

Maybe there are others out there who feel the same way or are just putting their toe in the water.....

Anyway, we've had a good day today and I've been out continuing my Spring clear up but its really noticeable how far behind things are compared even to last year.

I'm planning to replant the bottom of our garden and bulk out some of the other borders that are looking a bit lost at the moment.

My veggies were a washout last year but if the weather brightens up in the next week or two I may put some of the more hardy things like courgettes and peas in and cross my fingers.

And now I'm having a beer.

What's anyone else up to?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We had to have our lawn relaid 2 weeks ago as the original didn't take. This ones looking great with all the rain and bit of sun we've had.

The only issue is the twatting badger that keeps digging its way in on the left and exiting on the right. Cull the lot of them I say!

Hoping to sort borders out and get a couple of raised beds in for next year. I'm fucking hopeless at gardening though.

4AE3404D-8AEE-46D9-A61F-7309B52EA3AF-11439-0000063A4F7669B4_zps3d14730b.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have a balcony that looks amazing with my orange and lemon trees plus lots of others (champ, these are all in pots so please don't tell me that I'm in the wrong thread)

In the garden, I have cherry trees, walnut trees and am trying to growing watermelons this year. The missus is a gardening genius and has managed to grow Welsh Bluebells from bulb in this climate

Where we struggle is on the lawn. It is burnt out and looks like shit by early June, no matter how much irrigation. Anyone got any tips for grass in a climate where it's minus 10 during the winter and over 30 for most of the summer?

Btw' date=' for anyone that may be able to help on the grass thing, I would hugely prefer to use seed rather than get ripped on re-turfing[/quote']

Are you committed to having grass?

If you want melons in your garden, just pitch a tent.

From Buda to Pest?

Other way around, lived in Pest and now settling down in the more suburban Buda

Champ - garden too big and flat for Japanese or other style non-grass garden. It's grass or nothing really

Trump - already growing melons,probably easier than attracting the welsh alternative

Other way around, lived in Pest and now settling down in the more suburban Buda

Champ - garden too big and flat for Japanese or other style non-grass garden. It's grass or nothing really

Trump - already growing melons,probably easier than attracting the welsh alternative

Do your neighbours have lawns? If so, what do their look like?

Do your neighbours have lawns? If so, what do their look like?

Generally they have the same issue except for one garden. They spent 3 grand about 4 years ago on a complete returf from an Austrian company. Unfortunately they don't seem to know what the grass is and it seems to be deteriorating anyway. I'd like to avoid a huge outlay, especially if temporary, and find a good seed. We don't really have a weed issue so I'm hoping I can do this myself without turfing