You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Lee Duncan Carragher

mht1892

Brilliant defender well before 2005. Played a massive part in 2001 at left back. Solid as fuck that season.

Glad he's going playing well, but be very sad on Sunday.

I really hope some local lads breakthrough who are god enough to play every week soon.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember him scoring a header from a corner in one of his first games for the club (against Villa?) when he was a midfielder. Little did we know that he would go on to score more in his own net!

I will miss his kids running round anfield after last game of every season, well funny the little scamps.

Favourite memory is his hop skip and jump after the penalties in Istanbul and coming right up to us after the presentations with a scarf wrapped round his head.

Really wish he was going on the coaching staff, we need his type of personality and arse kicking behind the scenes

In terms of service, loyalty and local pride, he is up there with the Callaghans and Smiths.

The one difference is no League Championship.

That's a tragedy, a real tragedy for someone so committed to the Liverpool cause.

But the fact that he takes that massive disappointment in his stride and walks away with his chest out, no regrets, no fuss, still a first choice player, makes him more than a Championship winner in my opinion.

Someone up there knew all that in advance, and rewarded him with Istanbul.

Respect, Jamie. And thanks.

I'd like to add that while I'm gutted he's jacking it in; I'm glad he's doing it while people are telling him he's got more in him. I'd rather that than have the wankers screaming for him to be dragged off to the glue factory. Again.

Agree with all of that. What a servant he's been. The term "club legend" gets bandied about far too often for me, but Jamie genuinely is.

i0TVXpmuCtsPA.gif

Can't cope. Jamie Carragher is the closest thing will we will ever get to a true fan on the pitch. There will never be another like him.

There isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said already. But he was one of us, no politics, no ego, just a local lad who kept true to his roots and became a Champion of Europe.

Can't cope. Jamie Carragher is the closest thing will we will ever get to a true fan on the pitch. There will never be another like him.

There isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said already. But he was one of us' date=' no politics, no ego, just a local lad who kept true to his roots and became a Champion of Europe.[/quote']

Pretty much it!

I would like to echo everything said above. The game doesn't seem to produce players of the quality of Jamie who come anywhere near his honesty and humility. A genuinely world class centre-half whose timing and anticipated was often underated, particularly by London centric England managers.

That said I would like to offer my favourite Carra memory, I think may have been in the Villa game mentioned above, although it could have been 'Boro.

Carra was playing centre mid and against him was Andy Townsend who I seem to remember went in a bit hard on the young Jamie, trying to intimidate him, as Townsend got up to walk away Carra kicked him up the arse and sent him on his way.

Thanks Carra for everything, a proper Bootle lad.

Brilliant defender well before 2005. Played a massive part in 2001 at left back. Solid as fuck that season.

I really hope some local lads breakthrough who are god enough to play every week soon.

How many right footed defenders could play left back all season, win the fa cup, league cup and uefa cup and not look out of place?

Then 5 years later, move to centre back and become one of the best defenders in the world and win the European cup.

Special special player.

You think anyone will have the balls to take the number 23 next season?

How many right footed defenders could play left back all season, win the fa cup, league cup and uefa cup and not look out of place?

Then 5 years later, move to centre back and become one of the best defenders in the world and win the European cup.

Special special player.

You think anyone will have the balls to take the number 23 next season?