You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Ultras

Bjornebye

Its ace.

I was watching it last night and I was smiling, and then Tony Gale was furious because he got scared by a banger, which made him really angry, and then there was loads of boss red smoke, and then we scored three goals, and I smiled some more, and then there was some bangs and some more smoke and Dan Sturridge did some dancing and Carra tried to copy him and it was boss, and I smiled some more and went to sleep happy.

What happened to watching football.

The entertainment should be on the pitch.

The only entertainment coming from a crowd should be wit, not artificial atmosphere generation.

Although all the smoke and flares can look very impress on TV, it's always used to suggest some aggressive 'cauldron' - and it's invariably nobheads who think THEY are intimidating that choose to bring some crap with them.

It smacks of 'look how hard we are at this ground, welcome to hell, you'll never get out alive'.

Fuck that. Watch the game you daft b'stards.

The only entertainment coming from a crowd should be wit, not artificial atmosphere generation.

Although all the smoke and flares can look very impress on TV, it's always used to suggest some aggressive 'cauldron' - and it's invariably nobheads who think THEY are intimidating that choose to bring some crap with them.

It smacks of 'look how hard we are at this ground, welcome to hell, you'll never get out alive'.

Every word of this is correct.

(Except for euphemising the word "bastards".)

Fuck it, flares are boss.

I see some people are using as a stick to beat us with. That would be more of an issue if it where not for the fact nobody likes is anyway and jump on every little thing that happens at the club.

Fuck them.

It's not really 'artificial' though, i think it does create genuine atmosphere. Theres a massive gulf between setting a few flares off and running around like galatasaray trying to push over the opposition coach and smearing welcome to hell in shit on the walls. I like the drums that dortmund and ajax use, but you'd get a few ham sandwich munching day trippers moaning about it at anfield.

Edited by Garrincha

There's a difference between flares and smoke canisters though. Flares get hot and spit out flame, smoke bombs will only hurt if they smack you on the head, or you breathe enough of the shit in. But someone will eventually get hurt. Maybe we'll start getting cold calls:

'Our records show that you may have attended an away fixture in the 2012-13 season. Have you experienced any breathing difficulties / stains on your white clothing?' If this really does happen remember who sorted you the tickets! Someone off here stands to win a grand for being forced to piss in a Pringles tin at Sunderland and I've not had so much as a thank you.

There's a difference between flares and smoke canisters though. Flares get hot and spit out flame, smoke bombs will only hurt if they smack you on the head, or you breathe enough of the shit in. But someone will eventually get hurt. Maybe we'll start getting cold calls:

'Our records show that you may have attended an away fixture in the 2012-13 season. Have you experienced any breathing difficulties / stains on your white clothing?' If this really does happen remember who sorted you the tickets! Someone off here stands to win a grand for being forced to piss in a Pringles tin at Sunderland and I've not had so much as a thank you.

Yes, for some reason the scaremongering crew don't seem to understand this. Even the commentators were calling them flares when they quite obviously weren't.