You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Ultras

Bjornebye

There is a lot of shite on twitter at the minute between reds fans about these flares and bangers going off at away games. I've only been one away this season (Reading) and to be fair I thought they were harmless? The smoke bombs shit me up when they went off but it was still funny.

Apparently a kid needed medical attention yesterday for smoke inhalation and some reds complained that they had the back of their clothes ruined by the flares? Not sure how true it is like but what do people think?

I know a few lads who go away with celtic and the green brigade are always letting off flares and stuff. Some hate it but some think it adds to the atmosphere.

Abroad we all know it is ten times worse than it's ever going to be here like especially in places like Turkey and ukraine.

Is it just scallys having a laugh or are they dickheads who are ruining it for others?

Personally they don't bother me as long as people aren't getting hurt.

Oh and I also like the conga. I missed the one at reading because I was outside waiting for Stringy (who in-fact was in the conga and missed his pint)

I personally don't like them. If the rumours are true about causing medical problems or ruining clothes I think they should be banned. As well as potentially adding to our increasing negative media attention the only people who benefit from it are the idiots who let them off. It may add slightly to the atmosphere but the negatives outway the positives IMO.

They're fucking irritating - they let a few off yesterday, but some of the knobs got pulled out of the crowd by plod. There were loads of flares thrown on to the pitch before kick off as well.

It's even worse when they let them off at half time under the stands. Obviously there isn't the opportunity to do that at Fulham.

They're just a bit shit really. They don't "add to the atmosphere" at all, in my opinion.

I can understand the Blueshite getting their purple flares out at Anfield - anything to obscure the view of that dreary waste of time has got to be good. But other than that, I just think they're rubbish.

Anything like the conga makes me cringe. It just comes across as really forced humour. It also reminds me of when we spanked Villa 5-0 at Anfield and them gimps were doing it up and down the steps whilst their side was being thoroughly embarrassed. Just to somehow prove what great fans they are when they are the most unoriginal boring cunts outside of London.

Anything like the conga makes me cringe. It just comes across as really forced humour. It also reminds me of when we spanked Villa 5-0 at Anfield and them gimps were doing it up and down the steps whilst their side was being thoroughly embarrassed. Just to somehow prove what great fans they are when they are the most unoriginal boring cunts outside of London.

You can add the fuckin poznan into that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
ruining clothes? oh noes. did they ruin your brand new thong and your mascara?

Hmn, LFC Ultra? Thongs and mascara? Why not combine the two and form LFC Ultra Natè. 'cause your freeeee, to do what you want to dooo. You gotta live your life... do whachoo want to dooo.

Ultra-Nate.jpg

JgRBkjgXHro

It's people having a laugh really, i suppose the younger fans won't mind it. On a wet dreary day at craven cottage it might add to the atmosphere. A dad taking his kid to the match won't be amused by it, people that get there clobber damaged by them will be pissed off as well.

It has it's time and place, i'd expect it during important champions league games for instance if we played chelsea again in the semi final at Anfield. Personally it doesn't bother me.

It's people having a laugh really.

Obviously it isn't when you are a serious old fart. They are so serious and angry arrrrrgh arrrrrgh it ruined my jacket, I need to wash it aaarghh aaargh.

Well your Jacket looks shite and anyway maybe you should wash it once in a while.

P.S. Numero, those boobs in the transparency are nice.

Miles better than the daytrippers and whoppers at our home games. I much prefer aways these days. Leave the Utras tag to the Tallies and the mancs though eh?

Anybody remember the two lads who bought a ship's flare down the Aberdeen docks before a pre-season friendly with the Dons about ten years back?

These pesky little ( soon to be incarcerated ) scamps fired it from outside the ground onto the pitch. It hit the centre circle like a, erm, rocket, ripping up a piece of turf about a foot long, before hitting a police cabin in their main stand.

How it never hit any of the players, or indeed a spectator was a fuckin miracle. We were all going nuts because we thought it was their boys who'd fired it from their end.

Miles better than the daytrippers and whoppers at our home games. I much prefer aways these days. Leave the Utras tag to the Tallies and the mancs though eh?

Anybody remember the two lads who bought a ship's flare down the Aberdeen docks before a pre-season friendly with the Dons about ten years back?

These pesky little ( soon to be incarcerated ) scamps fired it from outside the ground onto the pitch. It hit the centre circle like a, erm, rocket, ripping up a piece of turf about a foot long, before hitting a police cabin in their main stand.

How it never hit any of the players, or indeed a spectator was a fuckin miracle. We were all going nuts because we thought it was their boys who'd fired it from their end.

I was there for that one, was unbelievable how close it came to hitting people in their main stand once it had bounced up off the pitch and arced like a fiery death salmon into the crowd opposite us.

I could have sworn it came from their lot due to the trajectory, we were all going mental at them. I saw a report in the Aberdeen Press & Journal the next day which blamed our fans, and I phoned their newsdesk in a rage, barking to the journalist: "I was at that game, and it was definitely your lot, disgusting behaviour. How dare you."

- "Would you care to comment as to why two men from Merseyside have been arrested today then?" came the reporter's calm reply.

- "..................No."

Rather embarrassing. Anyway, a "flare" in Aberdeen means "floor" when you say it out loud. So from their point of view, "a flare hit the flare", which only goes to prove that if anyone had been harmed, they would have deserved it via the natural justice of irony.