You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

next blues boss  

175 members have voted

1. 1. next blues boss

• McLaren
    • Lennon
    • Hughes
    • Redknapp
    • Martinez
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • O'Neil
    • McCarthy
    • Other....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be Martinez but if it was Hughes or Warnock that would be a laugh and if it was Dunc the drunk that would just be too funny for words

After Thatcher dying and Ferguson retiring to have Moyes in charge of the Mancs and Big Dunk in charge of the blueshite would be too much for me to take I don't think I could handle it

I voted Neil Lennon only because a mate of mine from Ireland said, in what I thought was a throw away remark a couple of months ago, that he'd be their choice should Moyes leave. He's been right about this kind of thing before.

However i'll concede that i'm not sure i'd do it if the club I was at were relatively well off and in the CL next season, but this is football and, as we've seen in the last few days, things don't always pan out as you'd think.

Wigan chairman Whelan tells Martinez: You can do better than Everton

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan is urging Roberto Martinez to think twice about taking the Everton job.

Martinez is favourite to succeed David Moyes at Everton, with the Scot due to be named Sir Alex Ferguson's successor at Manchester United.

Whelan told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It’s a battle that I will lose and Wigan will lose [at some point], I’ve no question on that. It’s [a case of] would Roberto choose to go to Everton or would he wait for one of the really big clubs?

"I’m not degrading Everton in any way, shape or form - they’re a great club with great supporters - but is Everton regarded as one of the top European clubs? Well, unfortunately they’re not."

I voted Martinez but wouldn't be surprised if it was Lennon. Only doubt with him is the Celtic-Rangers thing - Moyes will want to send loanees and slagged off scum dross to Everton. Would he do so to help Lennon?

Read somewhere the other week that Martinez was looking to go back to Spain with Malaga the favourite to get him if Pellegrini leaves. Laudrup has a 4 year contract so I can't see them paying the compensation to get him.

If Big Dunc got it I think I might need to go to A&E as I'd hurt my ribs laughing too much.

Guest davelfc

BGB won't rush to get a replacement, not when he will be saving £70k a week while he carries out his search for someone to fill those huge shoes.