You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

next blues boss  

175 members have voted

1. 1. next blues boss

• McLaren
    • Lennon
    • Hughes
    • Redknapp
    • Martinez
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • O'Neil
    • McCarthy
    • Other....

Is that the same Whelan who busy telling Martinez that Everton were too small for his talents.

Some of the shite on Grand Old Team have already been buzzing off the 'fact' that Martinez turned us down but will accept them. Great basis for wanting manager.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy if they get Martinez. They would've been better off with Pulis or Fat Sham as that is what they are; alehouse cloggers.

A couple of good displays this season has tricked them into believing they are easy on the eye and possess genuine quality, but trying to play attacking, possession based football with that squad will kill them.

And Martinez has got to be the worst manager at setting up a defensive unit. This should be fun.

Happy if they get Martinez. They would've been better off with Pulis or Fat Sham as that is what they are; alehouse cloggers.

A couple of good displays this season has tricked them into believing they are easy on the eye and possess genuine quality, but trying to play attacking, possession based football with that squad will kill them.

And Martinez has got to be the worst manager at setting up a defensive unit. This should be fun.

not sure I agree, the clogging element has held them back from ever being anything more than 5th/6th but if Martinez can get them to remain solid whilst playing decent football they could be on to a good thing

hopefully his style of football would break up their solidarity at the back though

not sure I agree' date=' the clogging element has held them back from ever being anything more than 5th/6th but if Martinez can get them to remain solid whilst playing decent football they could be on to a good thing

hopefully his style of football would break up their solidarity at the back though[/quote']

I see what you mean. But I think it is more likely that their defenders bar Baines will be exposed both on an off the ball if the adopt a more attacking style.

Just had a look on tbe reactions to Martinez thread on Grand Old Team. It's fucking hilarious.

The main reasons for signing him are:

1. He laid tbe foundations at Swansea and 'Brenda' came in and just used what he'd done to take them up (ignoring the fact that 'Brenda' did at the first time of asking what Martinez couldn't do twice, and then finished four places above Wigan in the first Premiership season);

2. He turned down the Redshite.

Just had a look on tbe reactions to Martinez thread on Grand Old Team. It's fucking hilarious.

1. He laid tbe foundations at Swansea and 'Brenda' came in and just used what he'd done to take them up (ignoring the fact that 'Brenda' did at the first time of asking what Martinez couldn't do twice, and then finished four places above Wigan in the first Premiership season);

So if he turned down any other team they wouldn't want him and his achievements at Swansea would be deemed a failure. Not obsessed now are you Everton.

Maybe if someone told them that the fella who designed their new shite badge turned down the chance to redesign Liverpools badge in favour of doing their one they would probably love it.

Martinez is fuckin shite, I can see the shite getting relegated under him.

Go on, I'll bite.

What's your criteria for such an assessment? I don't understand how this correlates with your view on winning cups and also the achievements of Fulham in the Europa League.

To me it looks like Martinez moulded a tidy outfit out of a disparate bunch of players.

Yes, his team went down but they were only a few points behind Aston Villa, whose manager you think is excellent.

Football teams exist to win cups - Wigan did.

Fulham getting to the final of Europa League is more of an achievement than Liverpool's winning the Champions League - does this not extend to the underdogs winning the FA Cup?

Actually, forget it - I'll put this one down to another shortage in your circuitry.

"Winning" - as if.

So if he turned down any other team they wouldn't want him and his achievements at Swansea would be deemed a failure. Not obsessed now are you Everton.

Maybe if someone told them that the fella who designed their new shite badge turned down the chance to redesign Liverpools badge in favour of doing their one they would probably love it.

ha ha like it.

BTW

Like the Beast Master avatar

Go on, I'll bite.

What's your criteria for such an assessment? I don't understand how this correlates with your view on winning cups and also the achievements of Fulham in the Europa League.

To me it looks like Martinez moulded a tidy outfit out of a disparate bunch of players.

Yes, his team went down but they were only a few points behind Aston Villa, whose manager you think is excellent.

Football teams exist to win cups - Wigan did.

Fulham getting to the final of Europa League is more of an achievement than Liverpool's winning the Champions League - does this not extend to the underdogs winning the FA Cup?

Actually, forget it - I'll put this one down to another shortage in your circuitry.

"Winning" - as if.

Because he is the worst manager Wigan have had in the PL with the worst results.

Winning the FA cup with them was a great achievement, just as it was a great achievement for Fulham to reach the UEFA Cup final.

Roy Hodgson is also fuckin shite, but unlike Martinez he has not had all his teams in the PL struggling against relegation every season.

There are a lot of things you dont understand Razor, I'll put it down to you having a shortage of intelligence.

But when there are things you dont understand, just ask and I'll see if its possible to explain it to you as simple as possible.

Wigan in the PL before Martinez:

05/06: 10th

06/07: 17th

07/08: 14th

08/09: 11th

Wigan in the PL with Martinez:

09/10: 16th

10/11: 16th

11/12: 15th

12/13: 18th

He's really done a magnificent job there having them punching above their weight every season.

That first season was an aberration and everyone knows it. Take that out and his record is decent. Seeing as every year he has had to sell his best player, I think you're right they have been punching above their weight.

Victor Moses, Charles N'Zogbia, Hugo Rodallega, Mohamed Diamé, Emile Heskey, Wilson Palacios, Antonio Valencia, Lee Cattermole, Amr Zaki. Like it or not, these were his best players and he had to sell them.

You're right, though, I do need things explaining to me. How come Roberto Martinez is "shit" and Paul Lambert is "excellent" in your mad head is one that springs to mind.

Speak slowly, now...

The one thing Martinez might have in his favour is he has been able to experiment at Wigan and make his mistakes out of the limelight. No-one cares if you concede 3 or 4 on a regular basis at Wigan but do that shit at Everton and it won't wash.

He has shown at Wigan he has been able to beat some better quality teams he has won at Anfield, Emirates and Old Trafford something Moyes never ever achieved, also wining the cup with Wigan was impressive. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us but it might just be a good fit if he is slightly more pragmatic for Everton.

It's funny because it's complete nonsense. Rodgers and Martinez were earmarked as two young managers that would work under a director of football (Louis Van Gaal) Rodgers was asked whether he'd work under a DOF, he refused, then Henry asked Martinez whether he'd work under a DOF, Martinez deliberated, but eventually decided against it. Henry then went with his number 1 choice (Rodgers) because their was no chance of either of them working under Van Gaal, thus scraping the whole idea.

There are no limits to the bollocks they will lap up

Even if - and it's a big if considering all the claims to the contrary - he turned us down as he claims, and then goes to the blueshite, that then tells us all we need to know about his judgement and his assessment of his self belief in his own level of abilities.

You can't lose managing the blueshite, if you are shite you can blame the board for tying your hands behind your back and giving you no cash. If you do ok you are hailed as a genius for them "punching above their weight"

Spot on.