You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

next blues boss  

175 members have voted

1. 1. next blues boss

• McLaren
    • Lennon
    • Hughes
    • Redknapp
    • Martinez
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • O'Neil
    • McCarthy
    • Other....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberto’s always in demand,” Whelan said. “Whenever he wants to go I’ll release him immediately but he’ll only go to a big, big club and I don’t think Everton are big enough.

...No Echo Letters page outrage as yet

why would mackay go there? surely his stock will be better if he keeps cardiff up? he risks looking like a cunt if he goes to everton and they dont finish in the top 8.

thankfully o'neil hasn't been mentioned too much. i know some people on here hate him and he didn't do great at sunderland but he is a fucking good manager. the sunderland team are proving that it's them who are the cunts. not the manager.

lennon has distanced himself thankfully as has laudrup.

they will have no choice but to give it to paul o'grady. I can't wait. i wonder if we can have Danka back as sponsors as well.

it's a wonderful world.

i voted for lennon. he said all the right things the other day when asked about everton. like 'ive got a job to do up here' blah blah blah. he didnt rule himself out, so i reckon he would take it. he always looks bored as fook at celtic, and who can blame him.

i voted for lennon. he said all the right things the other day when asked about everton. like 'ive got a job to do up here' blah blah blah. he didnt rule himself out, so i reckon he would take it. he always looks bored as fook at celtic, and who can blame him.

Yea those death threats and bullets in the post must make him yawn away ha

Swansea, Wigan, Spurs/Arsenal.

I thought there was a weird clause if Chelsea finished 5th and won, but apparently not.

Chelsea needed to finish 5th and win the FA cup - which would have meant sixth.

Everton are not bothered anyway - WE ended their UEFA cup chances last week, yet they seemed to be celebrating - I can only think it was because they felt that the UEFA cup would damage their champions league prospects next season and happy that they missed this poisoned chalice of a UEFA cup!

If Everton beat Chelsea they'll have 66 points. That's a big ask for anyone to better next season and Moyes has left a poison chalice there. And a whiff of failure too as the Blueshite will never have a better chance of finishing 4th than they did this year.

On a different tack, is there any more obvious an appointment than Benitez at Chelsea? Comfortably filled the brief to qualify for CL, in a European final and made the semis of the other two competitions. With him in charge they'd walk the PL next year.

If Everton beat Chelsea they'll have 66 points. That's a big ask for anyone to better next season and Moyes has left a poison chalice there. And a whiff of failure too as the Blueshite will never have a better chance of finishing 4th than they did this year.

On a different tack, is there any more obvious an appointment than Benitez at Chelsea? Comfortably filled the brief to qualify for CL, in a European final and made the semis of the other two competitions. With him in charge they'd walk the PL next year.

Just been reading some of the plazzies' comments on a bbc article about that. Hilarious stuff. When RDM was fired they were 4 points behind man u and still in both domestic cups. Rafa threw those cups away and they're now 16 points behind united. They really don't deserve Benitez, the short sighted fucknuts.

Just been reading some of the plazzies' comments on a bbc article about that. Hilarious stuff. When RDM was fired they were 4 points behind man u and still in both domestic cups. Rafa threw those cups away and they're now 16 points behind united. They really don't deserve Benitez, the short sighted fucknuts.

Shows you how stats can be manipulated - we (liverpool) have only improved by one place (despite the extra points) for those who want to knock Rodgers, wherease they focus upon the points from the top and ignore the third place and extra points to knock Rafa!

Lies, dammed lies and statistics.

Their fans lost their capacity to surprise with their ignorance years ago.

Chelsea started the season like a train, then the wheels came off as league form evaporated and they went out of the CL. Abramovich got rid of RDM and brought in someone who knew what he was doing with a fixed brief, which he fulfilled with a game to spare and has a very winnable European final ahead of him. What is amusing is that Abramovich was criticised (not by Chelsea's craven supporters mind) for ignoring fan opinion over RDM but is now bending to it by not keeping Benitez on. Putting him in charge next season given the turmoil at United and City, the continuing weakness at Arsenal and the flimsiness of Spurs should be a none-decision.

Ultimately who cares, but it would be a bad day if Benitez did get the job, as Chelsea would clean up. If that show-pony with his pre-menstrual hissy fits shows up instead that's no bad thing.

...... but it would be a bad day if Benitez did get the job, as Chelsea would clean up.

I doubt it, at least not over the long run. Benitez and Abramovich have only gotten along because both have operated from day one on the "interim" basis.

Make it a permanent deal and I see the two of them at each others throats by November.

Moyes will no doubt do what his mate Fergie did and recommend a fellow Scot, making Mackay an obvious favourite. I doubt he would leave Cardiff for the blues though if he's got any sense. He'll want a big job if he's leaving them. Lennon would no doubt be the second choice and I could actually see him saying yes.

Wouldn't want to see Martinez or Laudrup there. Too intelligent and inoffensive. I want a proper narky jumped up no mark whopper to wind up - Lennon, Hughes, McClaren would fit the bill.

Ha ha ha can you imagine McClaren suddenly getting a scouce accent like when he was in Holland for about 5hrs!