You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How are Everton fans reacting to this? There manager has basically played them, he knew the mancs wanted him and he let his contract run down. The mancs would have paid out his contract without blinking an eye and giving Everton much needed cash. It's going to cost Everton a few million for their manager to go to Man Utd, not quite right is it?

Well it's certainly all much better than it's ever been in our history that's for sure' date=' with players much better than we've ever had (including all the former greats). Definitely more credible than 2-3 years ago, but still upstarts in the grand scheme of things.

Tevez is probably the best player we've ever had (attitude aside). Watching him week in week out, he's just a class apart (stuff you don't see on MOTD).

The money helps, no doubt about it, but (say) a player like Lewandoski can pretty much name his club, and it wouldn't be us. Same for Ronaldo et al. For all the great players we do have, we still lack what United have... the work ethic and never say die attitude. They're not quite the bunch of lazy arses some claim, but it's not at the level it needs to be to actually be a GREAT team... and that's down to Mancini plus the lack of a Gerrard / Keane / Viera type player in midfield bossing the game (Toure's not in the same league as that lot at their peak).

We'll see what happens in the summer... it's going to be a very good summer for drama I think, with the managerial changes and rehauls.

I wouldn't put it past City to put a bid in for Suarez (having failed to get Cavani), but as good as he is, we need a more physical striker.

Dzeko to Liverpool maybe?[/quote']

I think Dzeko is exactly what we need and I reckon you need to replace Mancini to go to the next level.

Rafa for City would be a good match as he'd do well in Europe.

I think Dzeko is exactly what we need and I reckon you need to replace Mancini to go to the next level.

Rafa for City would be a good match as he'd do well in Europe.

Agree totally. Rafa would do really well in Europe with City

So, where is 'WAZZA' going to end up?

Who would want him? Who buys into this image that he's incredible?

Would he move abroad? I can't see it, at all, too lazy to learn a new language.

So, with that in mind...City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, or other? NEWCASTLE! YES, that's what needs to happen, he's a perfect Newcastle player.

But I wonder if Spurs would consider Bale going to United with Rooney being in part exchange?

Dark-Knight-Rises-Trailer-008_610.jpg

Why didn't you just appoint a manager with big club and champions league experience?

Your punishment must be more severe.

Torture?

Yes. But not of your body...of your soul.

Goodison Park is where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this ground is the worst hell on earth... Hope.

Every man who has ventured here has looked up and imagined making it past the pre-qualifying round of the Champions League and playing with strikers. So easy... So simple...and like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have cried watching.

I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope.

So, as I terrorize Old Trafford, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can maintain their winning ways so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun."

You can watch me torture an entire club and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, when it is done and your dynasty is finished, then you have my permission to cry.

Surely Ronaldo isn't going go back there?, hope not because if he does he would cover Moyes inadequacies.

Why would he?

Even if he did, he should know better and so should you, 'never go back'.

He'd cost, what, £60m minimum? Huge wages, is he really worth it? They just won the title at a canter without spending a hundred million on one player. That said, if they got Rooney off their books then the deal might look better for them, but then, who is going to pay £40m for the fat shit and pay his £250k a week wages?

Why would he?

He'd cost, what, £60m minimum? Huge wages, is he really worth it? They just won the title at a canter without spending a hundred million on one player. That said, if they got Rooney off their books then the deal might look better for them, but then, who is going to pay £40m for the fat shit and pay his £250k a week wages?

everton!!! this has been arranged for years....

Guest davelfc

I can see rooney as part of some swap deal back to everton, he would be even cheaper because I am sure they have a sell on clause, so extra discount. BGB has to do something to keep the pig farmers happy, once they've cheered their manager going to the mancs and it finally sinks in that they've been shafted, maybe a few weeks later they're going to be pretty pissed off.

I love how people are talking down the achievements of the greatest manager in England the last 30 years while trying to talk up the abilities of a manager never to have won a trophy and never having beat one of the big four away from home.

Rafa >>>>>>>>>> Hodgson

Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moyes

Thats what we are looking at unfolding infront of us, its hilarious.

Guest ShoePiss

Hopefully this time next season we'll all be talking about our CL spot and maybe a cup final, I can't remember a time when two other clubs have dominated the ff so much. Completely bored of it all.

I love how people are talking down the achievements of the greatest manager in England the last 30 years while trying to talk up the abilities of a manager never to have won a trophy and never having beat one of the big four away from home.

Rafa >>>>>>>>>> Hodgson

Thats what we are looking at unfolding infront of us' date=' its hilarious.[/quote']

What the fucking fuck?!?!

I agree with Code!

Rafa >>>>>>>>>> Hodgson

Thats what we are looking at unfolding infront of us, its hilarious.

Don't forget that there is now a section buying into.....

Moyes >>>>> Mourihno

Why would he?

PSG? City? Chelsea? But I think the tax rates in France would make him a 200K/week player. City are the only ones who could match his current wages. Rooney isn't going to get much better than that. Taking Rooney off Utd might just weaken them, which is what City and Chelsea would be looking to do. I know everyone's saying he isn't what he was - but would he not be better for City than Dzeko, or an improvement on Torres at Chelsea? He's still 28 and RVP isn't any younger either - so he's not done yet.

PSG? City? Chelsea? But I think the tax rates in France would make him a 200K/week player. City are the only ones who could match his current wages. Rooney isn't going to get much better than that. Taking Rooney off Utd might just weaken them, which is what City and Chelsea would be looking to do. I know everyone's saying he isn't what he was - but would he not be better for City than Dzeko, or an improvement on Torres at Chelsea? He's still 28 and RVP isn't any younger either - so he's not done yet.

Massive improvement over Dzeko, but he'd be 30 million, and 200K+....

I'd rather spend 40 million and get Cavani, who'd give City a bit of muscle (with skill) upfront.

I get the impression Rooney needs a lot of work to stay fit (no firm evidence) and I can't see that improving with age, only getting worse. Given a choice, I'd opt for a younger and fitter player with arguably as much skill.

I think Rooney must be badly advised. I just can't see him having the right mettle for playing abroad, learning the lingo etc etc, nor his wife for that matter. English seems hard enough for him, let alone another language.

So that only leaves City and Chelsea as his escape route, and his options for fitting into those teams are every bit as tight as they are at United.

It'll be interesting to see how he interprets United's 'ambition' with the appointment of Moyes - not to mention that Rooney had to pay Moyes compensation for allegations made in his book - something that is unlikely to just be forgotten easily, no matter how brave a public face they might put on.

They're talking about 75% but I didn't think it was approved. Ok, so maybe not France.

Maybe he'll stay. But it just strikes me as weird that if he handed in a transfer request to Fergie who was still manager, why he would now decide to stay just because Moyes is the new manager?