You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can't see them going backwards too soon but you never know. The thing for Moyes, if it his him, is he won't enjoy standing at the touchline all wide eyed,lost and totally flustered in a silent theatre of dreams 2-0 down to the scouse cunts and the one thing he can feel more than anything are the eyes of that senile old goat sat in the directors box burning a hole in the back of his neck.

He won't be able to handle it. If the press start chipping away after a less than useful start next season he could fold. He's naturally negative as proved against all the better sides.

Senior players will start to question his tactics while Biffa hair piece is telling everyone " I told you, I told you, he's fucking clueless"

I fucking hope so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Absolute Gem from Redcafe

Yeah, absolutely terrible isn't it. All that winning and shit must be really dampened. It's not like you've had 26 years with the cunt.

Yeah, absolutely terrible isn't it. All that winning and shit must be really dampened. It's not like you've had 26 years with the cunt.

Had the misfortune of overhearing some talksport the other day (after the Chelsea match) and numerous people were ringing up calling Ferguson a disgrace for not playing a full strength side. They said they didn't care about the 20th title - "yeah its great being champions but thats not that point.."!

They then admitted that they were spoilt but it didn't matter and they thought it was time for him to go.

Morons.

What are chances that the Scum are doing a Liverpool following same kind of prolonged dominance? I think (hope) they're pretty good. The ingredients are naturally there. You know winning is addictive and the supporters will be up in arms if Moyes goes a couple of seasons without a trophy; Moyes gets the boot followed by a merry go round of managers.

Zero - they are at the top of the money game and Ferguson is not going anywhere.

What? I realize mr. Ferguson isn't moving to Asia, but they will need a new manager.

It makes all the difference in the world. Not least to their players. Whether they are staying, leaving or arriving.

What? I realize mr. Ferguson isn't moving to Asia, but they will need a new manager.

It makes all the difference in the world. Not least to their players. Whether they are staying, leaving or arriving.

Yeah, new manager, whatever - Ferguson = DOF.

Get a coach to roll the balls out.

Guest davelfc

I dont think this is going to be the distater that most seem to think it will be. I don't believe for one second that he made the decision to retire recently and I do believe they have a plan in place that has been worked on for a while. Even down to the running down of Moyes contract to save having to pay compensation.

Why people think a highly successful manager like ferguson having a hand on the shoulder of a regularly over achieveing manager like Moyes won't work, well it doesn't make much sense to me. Fergsuon will be better placed to take swipes at referees, the will still be scared. I'd have been far happier had Moyes been dropped in after ferguson had gone completely. No this worries me, I cannot see much changing. Moyes doesn't appear to have any bollocks but ferguson will more than take that job, from a distance he actually looks like a wrinkled old ball bag anyway.

On the everton front, well if the mancs sell Rooney then don't they have to pay everton money as part of a sell on clause? Will moyes pick up some of his better players and further add to the coffers at the pit?

Like I said, I'm not convinced this is the cause for celebration a lot of people seem to think it is. I don't think this will make much difference to the mancs in the short term, it may or may not have a big impact on the blueshite.

That all depends on if Bill can get himself another silent puppet, I'd be more worried about where we are going than those two.

Why people think a highly successful manager like ferguson having a hand on the shoulder of a regularly over achieveing manager like Moyes won't work, well it doesn't make much sense to me. o.

Because it undermines the new guy. Well, that's what history tells us anyway.

Guest davelfc
Because it undermines the new guy. Well, that's what history tells us anyway.

This is exactly why they selected Moyes, if indeed they actually have announced it. It will still be ferguson, he will still be pulling the strings.

Sorry to piss on fireworks here but refs aren't suddenly going to change, the media will still have their manc love in. We still continued to dominate when Bob retired for quite a few years.

I'll hold on my celebrations because I don't see the collapse others need to see.

I'm more worried about us.

I think Moyes is a good manager and if he's given space, he could do a very good job for the Mancs. I would be concerned that they will be in pole position to sign Baines, Jagielka and Coleman and some of the other Everton players.

I don't want to jinx anything by saying it is the end of an era for the mancs. However, as a middle aged Liverpool fan, I can say that football and society have changed and people want instant gratification. The modern day United fans are on the whole a very different batch to the United fans of the 70s and 80s. If Moyes goes a season without a trophy, the knives will be out. Hopefully, the managerial merry go round begins for them....

This is exactly why they selected Moyes, if indeed they actually have announced it. It will still be ferguson, he will still be pulling the strings.

Recipe for disaster. So I hope it pans out that way.

I'm more worried about us.

Well, yeah. But this is a thread about Utd, hence people discussing it.

Moyes isn't the best candidate in my view. They could do a lot better. But of course they will still be there or thereabouts. I don't think anyone is expecting relegation will soon follow his appointment.

What are chances that the Scum are doing a Liverpool following same kind of prolonged dominance? I think (hope) they're pretty good. The ingredients are naturally there. You know winning is addictive and the supporters will be up in arms if Moyes goes a couple of seasons without a trophy; Moyes gets the boot followed by a merry go round of managers.

I can assure you Moyes will not go a couple of seasons without a trophy for the mancs, he will get sacked long before he gets a couple of seasons with them.

History has shown that a just retired legendary manager still hanging about the place is anything but a smart move.

It has, where?

It worked pretty well for us with Paisley hanging around.

You know fuck all, probably because you are a manc.