You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I remember that, it was one of those that you knew was bollocks as soon as you saw it but you couldn't help but check all news outlets hoping for something credible on it immediately

although to be fair with regards to the point your making by posting that article even if Pepe doesn't end up joining Barca there is definately something in the reports linking him there

can't say I'm arsed at all if he does go (be sad of course given the good times we've had with him but he is nothing special these days) theres plenty as good or better than him, we just need to make sure we get one of them

8/13 is nothing mate but neither is 1/3. The reason it went to 1/3 will be the bookies reasoning of how true the rumours might be. If there was any actual or even partial fact they wanted him his odds would be around 1/7.

Just says to me that Barca haven't made any actual move or shown any particular interest in him.

There just covering there arses with that price incase the situation changes.

Latest rumour knocking around is that Inter have offered their goalie Handanovic in exchange for Fabregas. Not sure if part exchange or player plus cash deal. But it could mean Pepe stays.

surely if Fabregas is open to a move to Inter then most of Europe's elite will be in for him?

Zero chance. Schwarzer would be an excellent reserve keeper but I think the reason he is leaving is for first team football.

Spot on. He wants to be playing first-team football to keep his edge before the World Cup next year (if Australia makes it!) as I think he'll retire after Brazil.

Hell, I just heard even Harry Kewell is that desperate to have one last World Cup he has signed for a very average Melbourne team on minimum wages. I can see him suddenly doing a 'serious' injury should the qualifiers next month go tits up.

surely if Fabregas is open to a move to Inter then most of Europe's elite will be in for him?

True. Other clubs, competing in Europe, may have more money to spend and Inter are out of Europe. But if Inter are offering a gk to Barca (who isn't going to demand big wages) plus cash, then it may look like a good deal.

Would it be a fair enough assessment to suggest that however we view Inter Milan at this moment in time is actually quite similar to how others view Liverpool? In terms of attracting good players etc.

Would it be a fair enough assessment to suggest that however we view Inter Milan at this moment in time is actually quite similar to how others view Liverpool? In terms of attracting good players etc.

Probably. They are a bit of a mess. They just appointed Napoli manager who's done well with them.

8/13 is nothing mate but neither is 1/3. The reason it went to 1/3 will be the bookies reasoning of how true the rumours might be. If there was any actual or even partial fact they wanted him his odds would be around 1/7.

Just says to me that Barca haven't made any actual move or shown any particular interest in him.

There just covering there arses with that price incase the situation changes.

It's not even that, The transfer window books are a licence to print money, purely because they don't give you a price on the player to stay at his current club.

The Skybet book currently has Barcelona 1/3 Arsenal 8/1 Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid 20/1 Valencia 33/1 Bayern Munich 40/1.

If he stays, or goes even goes to a club not mentioned they will keep 100% of the money. Also if anybody starts to bet any more than £25 they may well reject it, or will certainly look into it, and they will never lay any massive bets on these markets.

Skybet are total crooks. I really can't stand them.

not too different however I think the standard of the Italian league has dropped lately so we may be more attractive due to that and probably also pay more as well as having better individual players

when I originally read what Kalosma put about Fabregas, I was thinking then surely we should offer Reina for Fabregas before realising if he'd move to clubs like us and Inter then surely the Two mancs, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Anzhi, Monaco and whoever else is loaded and/or good would be interested

I still think we have just as much pull as Arsenal despite their regular higher finishes but obviously the emotional attachment would swing that for Fabregas too

Perhaps comparisons can be made as far as club history is concerned? it was not so long ago that they were winning a treble. They tried an untested young manager, have ageing players (still left over from Mourinho), and had a poor season. They realised they maybe should have held onto players like Coutinho and Schneider. But they aren't making big name signings. So maybe a move now for a marquee transfer is on after such a poor season.

No, because it will be much easier for Inter Milan to get back to the top. It speaks volumes that the Napoli manager has left a strong Napoli team that finished second, to join an Inter Milan team that finished ninth in the league.

No, because it will be much easier for Inter Milan to get back to the top. It speaks volumes that the Napoli manager has left a strong Napoli team that finished second, to join an Inter Milan team that finished ninth in the league.

on the other hand, Napoli have reached their peak, much like Dortmund the vultures will be circling around their squad now and with Juventus already very strong and being strongly linked with Jovetic, Llorente and Higuain look like only getting strong whilst Milan, Inter and Roma are all due a bit of a resurgence whilst Inter and surely at a recent time low point and can only improve next year which is why Mazzari has made the switch, not to mention the higher prestige and probably higher wage

looking at the Inter squad too it doesn't have many star names and the ones that are big names are past it, aside from Zanetti who will forever be awesome but he won't ever attract players in the same way that players would want to play alongside Gerrard or Suarez

so for me players would rather play for Liverpool coming 7th in the Premier League and looking to be progressing from the past couple of woeful seasons where the top end has become a lot more competitive than when we were regular top 4 qualifiers with City and Tottenham a lot stronger with players like Stevie and Suarez and hopefully Coutinho and Sturridge carrying on from this year than Inter who have progressively been getting worse in a league that is at its weakest point for years even if its pretty unthinkable that they'll do any worse this time out but yes I do think there are similarities in recent underachivements between the two clubs