You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

While I'm joyful of the fact that the oul cunt is finally retireing, the fact that he will still be about as director/ambassador leaves me a little bit fearful that his influence will still hang about.

I'd have no doubt the hierarchy there will be desperate to keep him as involved as possible for that very reason.

There'll be let up till he go's senile or dies. He'll still be on the phone week in week out to referees.

Thing is though, if a big enough profile manager takes over there maybe a bit of tension there which could fuck them over the next year or two.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Moyes doesn't stand a chance unless the journos are having a vote. There must be some worried Chelsea fans this morning. Did Rafa troll the Chelsea fans yesterday, excellent work by saying "we all know who will be here next year". Getting them all giddy.

Mourinho first, just for the car crash entertainment then when Mourinho walks after a year, citing unworkable conditions under Sauron, Moyes coming in and completely fucking it up.

That's the dream scenario right there. Then Benitez getting a go.

Guest San Don

Must admit, I was very surprised when this idea was floated last night. But its true!

That's tempered by the fact that the evil empire wont come crashing down as we all hope. They and he still has too much influence in the game. Refs will still be shit scared to give real decisions against them at their gaff and they'll still have 78000 rabid mancs baying for the oppos and ref's blood on every decision.

Who'll take over? This will be interesting. mourinho has obviously been making big noises about returning to west london but would love to step into ferguson's shoes. I bet he cant believe he'll get the chance to do so so soon.

Will the glazers offer him the job? I think they will. New owners dont observe 'tradition' and while he might not have been previous owners cup of tea, the glazers wont think like that.

I really cant see anyone else going in there as manager. Gollum? Dont make me laugh. mouriho, gollum? mourinho, gollum? Hmmm, tough choice!

As for ferguson being the 'greatest manager, ever.' Fuck off. Has he won 3 European Cups? No, thought not. He was a far younger man than Paisley when he took over so had a longer time to amass his titles. Even then, he's only won 4 more titles than Sir Bob?

That's the dream scenario right there. Then Benitez getting a go.

He's staying on as a director and ambassador. I think that would be a stumbling block in any effort to secure a big name replacement surely?

One thing's for sure, whoever comes in won't terrify match officials like Ferguson. Expect a more even spread of bookings, red cards and penalties now that cunt's gone.

I just have a picture of Fat Sam's ugly mug. Could that be the end of all that flesh crawling sycophancy?

Hopefully this will lead to a new cycle in football, they are in an extremely strong position and will be able to recruit any one of the available top managers armed with a substantial transfer budget. They also have an undue influence on football.

However it brings uncertainty whereas before they could count on year on year continuity and competing for trophies being guided by the same person. Modern management has changed, it's unlikely we'll see someone take on a role leading a club for twenty years, most top managers only stay for a relatively short period of time. Given their lack of exposure to change even a small wobble under the stewardship of a new manager could cause them to panic.

Just a shame we're not in a position to take advantage.

It'll be when hes finally kicked the bucket, but eventually theres going to be a flood of allegations towards him in terms of him exerting undue influence all over the shop.

Nothing so sinister as match fixing etc...

But shit like Man Utd throwing birthday parties for Referee's children and such which is something I thinks been brought up before. Things like that are going to be coming out eventually.

Anyone who thinks they'll struggle now is in for a bit of a shock I think. Just as others were when Shankly retired.

A bit different, Shankly had effectively created a management structure Ferguson hasn't. There isn't a bootroom at Old Trafford.

They're in the same boat as every other big European club now, managers even with established reputations could go in there and sink. The pressure placed on the next manager will be huge.

I'd be very surprised if they could afford to allow the next manager to take six years to start to win trophies.