You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

I think it's a bit of both. Ferguson would loath to be upstaged in Europe by someone like Mourinho. But I also think he sees something in moyes that he likes, maybe even a partial reflection of himself. Moyes has grit and desire and I think the retiring one identifies with that. It's looking like this was sorted a long time in advance, years perhaps.

I think that's spot on.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he has been allowed so much input into his successor is a recipe for disaster, he will recognise his positive traits - without recognising his negative traits which probably have as much to do with his success as anything else. Can anyone ever recall a manager picking out his successor?

Comical that they have allowed a 52 year old who has won nothing, and achieved nothing above mediocrity to take the job. Unless they realise that his follower was always going to struggle - so don't bother spending to find it out.

Moyes won't last longer than a season there, you can be sure of that.

Correct. Woooooooooooo united till I die etc etc

Manchester-Uniteds-Newton-001.jpg

Fucking joke club, singing about council houses in Liverpool while standing in the middle of the gun and gang crime capital of the whole of the North of England, in a city so shit it had to be redesigned by the IRA. Waving their fucking Newton Heath scarves while standing in a fucking Old Trafford fucking stand having paid about eight fucking grand for a ticket. As You'll Never Walk Alone reverberates at grounds from the San Siro to the Amsterdam Arena, they get their fucking heads kicked in the minute they step off a plane. Fucking pointless twats. Get ready for a fucking big slide boys, it's a long way down.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, I spotted the typo n' all. He meant 90+ points, with Carroll scoring 38 league goals and Downing getting every assist. Charlie Adam set up all 7 of Henderson's hatricks, too. T'would have been an amazing season if only that Irish bastard didn't ruin it all by selling Carroll and making Downing worse than he would have been.

I soo wish Dalglish had still been our manager on this day' date=' the problem is though I dont think the cunt would have retired with Kenny at Liverpool finishing on 70+ points.[/quote']

A quick impression of Code...

*jumps up and down waving hands in the air*

'Look at me, look at me! I'm a massive quim!'

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A quick impression of Code...

*jumps up and down waving hands in the air*

'Look at me, look at me! I'm a massive quim!'

tumblr_m9ybmcNuA21qbecpdo1_500.gif

To be honest, while it's a bit funny I'm not taking a huge amount of enjoyment in this, knowing we are still light years behind those tossers. I doubt Moyes is so incompetent that he could drag them into the pits we've been in for the past few seasons. They've just breezed their way to their 20th title, it's not such a laughing matter.

Now if Moyes really fucks things up then I will take delight in their fall.