You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

If it is Moyes, and I think it is, the I'm guessing Ferguson will have spoken to him and he will be there as more of a mentor to him.

I don't think Moyes would have his nose put out of joint by being hand picked by probably the best current manager in the world to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world, if Ferguson has chose now to retire then it must be because of his health so I don't think he'd compromise that by being in Moyes background all the time.

He will probably stay on in and advisory capacity for a year or two to make sure nothing disastrous happens then Moyes will probably be left in full control of the type of job he has always wanted, he'd be a fool to say no to the opportunity

Moyes is 52, a little fact that seems to have escaped the media describing him as a 'young manager'!

He has taken the wages, took the plaudits whilst winning fuck all - all on the premise that he was 'building' a team, yet gives all that up to be a coach. If they win, it will be Fergie, if they lose it will be him.

Also quite funny how he has kept this quiet for a few montsh whilst seeing the Shite crash out to Wigan.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have only just found out he's retiring, to see that Moyes might replace him seems too good to be true. I think it might be Maureen and that he might settle down at the club. If that happens it's probably not going to be good news.

If it's Moyes though surely their dominance is going to end.

Moyes is 52, a little fact that seems to have escaped the media describing him as a 'young manager'!

He has taken the wages, took the plaudits whilst winning fuck all.

To be fair, very few 'smaller' clubs have won a trophy in the time that Moyes has been at Everton.

FA Cup: Portsmouth

League Cup: Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Swansea.

It would seem Moyes is a certainty. I wouldn't have expected anything else than a done deal from them tbh. This will have been months even years in prerparation and planning and its shows what's possible when a club is run properly . Christ we used to have a decent set up once upon a time and managed the succesion properly. I don't buy into them going into any sort of meltdown either. Moyes will have been very extensively questioned on his strategies and plans. Slur will be there for while in the background no doubt to add a bit of stabilty. Regrettably they will still be the team to beat next year in the PL. As for Everton then they may have problems . I guess if Wigan go down Martinez would be their best option always assuming he doesnt get a better offer.

To be fair, very few 'smaller' clubs have won a trophy in the time that Moyes has been at Everton.

FA Cup: Portsmouth

League Cup: Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Swansea.

Try finalists then! Try telling people that Cardiff have a better record than Everton! And Wigan, and Millwall. Try pointing that out and see how long it takes them to point out 2005 and limited budget.

It is a fucking myth - they have a wage bill twice as big as Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall and Wigan and have achieved fuck all - there are very few teams who can offer wages over £3m a year - and Everton are one of them.

Ferguson will want to ensure his name lives on in legendary status. He will anoint Moyes. Moyes will fuck up. Ferguson comes back wins the league then retires again. New manager comes in and at the first sign of a trophy, Ferguson will drop down dead.

I'm struggling to get my head around it. Moyes replacing Ferguson. Fuck me. What a fairy tale ending to the season.

It would be a fairy tale ending when it is officially announced and either Sparky or Fat Dunk take the reins at Everton.

Where is this nice gif with that young lad and his dog praying?

Redcafe gone into meltdown, still can't believe it myself if it does happen (Moyes). The best they can seem to come up with safe option and "Sir Alex thinks it's right then it is right". Scattered inbetween longball hoof elbows midtable negative. It will be a popular appointment in the media at least

This post made me chuckle.

Originally Posted by Sir Matt View Post

Moyes' time at Everton, and now really thinking about him being our manager, raises some concerns.

While at Everton, he made do with a tight budget, which worries me that he might do the same at United if the Glazers decide to clamp down with Fergie gone. They did similar to the Bucs after their Super Bowl appearance. Focus on low-cost young players and move them on when they demand money. Moyes won't have the influence to demand anything from the owners. Especially with Gill leaving also, Moyes' budget-mindedness bothers me. We don't know how he'll handle having money or if he's very effective at spending it. He's bought some absolute plodders for fairly large sums(Beattie, Yakubu).

His record in the Champions League is virtually nonexistent. He's been to one FA Cup final. How does he handle the high pressure situations of the top end of the table late in the season? In knockout competitions?

Stylistically, he's not very exciting. Everton rarely play expansive, attractive football. Will he know what to do with strikers?

First: Sir Alex says we're looking at 1-2 players

Second: Ed Woodward says we don't need to invest

Third: Sir Alex resigns

Fourth: Manager used to doing the job the cheap appointed

Hmn....

#07 is online now Reply With Quote