You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Neville just confirming what we all knew at a 'say goodbye to the fans' event attended by a Grand Old Team forumite the other night.

I think I've said this so many times I'm the longest running broken record ever.

But it sickens me to the back teeth nobody ever pulls this shit up.

Phil Neville's admitted right there that Ferguson tells his players to hound the referee. Now I'm sure hes not the first manager, nor the last. And in isolation its hardly a huge deal( though I've never seen a team as bad as they are for hounding refs).

But the thing is, its not in isolation. Theres been so much dubious, underhanded bullshit thats gone during his time in charge of the Manc's I'm utterly convinced that eventually theres going to be more than a few stories popping up about him getting up to all sorts of dodgy shit.

But the whole media establishment in the UK has never had the balls to do or say anything.

I'm thoroughly convinced because of the way football has developed during the course of the Manc's dominance, led by him, that its no longer a level playing field. And the media, sky, pundits...the whole fucking footballing establishment in England has just let it happen.

Sir Alex Ferguson - I pressured officials into giving Manchester United 'Fergie time' | Mail Online

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he pressured match officials into giving Manchester United what became known as ‘Fergie time’ and has promised David Moyes a new watch when he succeeds him at Old Trafford.

'He’ll get one, don’t worry, we’ve got good sponsors,’ said Ferguson. 'The fourth official (against Swansea) on Sunday showed me the board and it said eight minutes. I said, “think again!”.

‘That’s been a part of it too, the pressure you try and put on referees. But I save mind games for opponents.’

Ferguson says he is looking forward to retirement after nearly 27 years at United.

'I'll need challenges of a different nature,’ he added. ‘I’ll probably take some language lessons. And another thing is I’m going to drink all the vineyards dry!'

Jesus Christ, just seen his last press conference on SSN, Neil Custus practically rimmed him and presented him with a cake from The Rag, whilst he praised the press and said 'even when I'd banned you I never held a grudge, I'm not that type of person' (errrrrr BBC?) and then they all applauded him, earning the typical 'well done' from the old cunt.

Incredible scenes really.

Jesus Christ, just seen his last press conference on SSN, Neil Custus practically rimmed him and presented him with a cake from The Rag, whilst he praised the press and said 'even when I'd banned you I never held a grudge, I'm not that type of person' (errrrrr BBC?) and then they all applauded him, earning the typical 'well done' from the old cunt.

Incredible scenes really.

Its pathetic. Really is.

They've just gone on so long letting the bully win they don't know how to deal with him anymore other than rim him every time he opens his gob.

I'd imagine its somewhat the same with the referees, and by extension the FA.

Not sure how many of you read the Spectator. I used to write for them occasionally, so I have a soft spot:

Goodbye Alex Ferguson, and good riddance » Spectator Blogs

One the user responses to that article is one of the best assessments of Ferguson that I have ever read

"Had it not been for football Ferguson would've been just another whining, miserable Glaswegian, face suffused by alcohol, ordering scotch and heavy in a beer and urine stinking, seedy Bridgeton bar.

As it is, however, he is a whining, miserable Glaswegian, face suffused by alcohol, ordering fine wines in upmarket restaurants.

The difference? The astonishing ability to marshall the kicking skills of international platoons of preternaturally dim, violent, priapic, knuckle-dragging thugs who would otherwise be serving custodial sentences in prisons across the globe.

So farewell, Sir Alex, you have been one of the most successful care-in-the-community probation officers we have ever known."

I've been enjoying the various anecdotes some journalists have since aired, mainly about how much of a tyrant he was, wish someone would pull them all together. No doubt Fergie will take a back seat generally in terms of managing the team, but he will share all of his tricks of the trade with Moyes and we have to hope that the press, refs and fa ignore them although with the fa and EPL both having Utd fans as chairmen will help the,.

This still puts a smile on my face. I fucking love that he isn't their manager next season.

Indeed. The perfect scenario would have been dethroning them while he was still their manager, but as we're a way off that still, I'll take his retirement as offered.

Cross-referencing from the Bale-thread; how many of Bale's yellow cards would have been given as penalties if he had played for that bunch this season. I actually physically shudder to think of Bale in a Manchester United shirt, and hope to God he stays at Spurs (as I don't really see him moving abroad, leaving the Mancs as the only viable alternative). If (big if mind) we can get our transfer business right, I believe we'll have too much for Spurs next season anyway, so him staying there is perfect for me...

I wouldn't get uber-giddy, their form isn't about to sink like a stone now he's gone, but I refuse to believe that Moyes can extract the same type of quality from certain players. Nor does he have the same influence over officials.

thing is, the things you've pinpointed are the exact things that have been the difference between them winning things and not, they won't fall like a stone but without huge squad improvements I can't see them being near as good especially if the other clubs get their houses in order

I wouldn't get uber-giddy, their form isn't about to sink like a stone now he's gone, but I refuse to believe that Moyes can extract the same type of quality from certain players. Nor does he have the same influence over officials.

I'll settle for them not winning the league or the CL next season. Which I'm pretty confident they won't.

If his departure does really lose MU the edge that has kept them on top, then something else interesting will happen: it will finally become clear that huge amounts of unearned wealth are the only route to success in the PL. Chelsea first and Man City second? Or the other way around? That will be the inevitable future of the game, surely?

If he gets a lot of money to spend (and he will need it) then it will be interesting to see who he goes for. If he buys well then they could quite easily be stronger on paper than they have been this season. It's the extra 20%-30% that whiskey nose gets out of them that will be missing. I just hope that they don't manage to get Bale or someone like that; that would be a real fucking pisser.

Guest ShoePiss

I think Utd's hold on football is much more than Ferguson, they have positions sewn up quite nicely all over the show, I still expect them to get preferential treatment.