You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

This is a brilliant debate. It's well worth debating on. Both have different qualities and both in my opinion are likely to be retained. I cannot for the life of me see Jordan Henderson being offloaded. In my opinion if any midfielder is sacrificed for a new arrival say Mhkitayran. My gut feeling is that it will be Shelvey. Overall both Allen and Henderson are superior footballers.

Allen has the ability to probe and control games' date=' where Henderson is more of a natural athlete and his short passing is exceptional. Shelvey is not athletic, can be sluggish and indisciplined. He is a very good player but not as good as the aforementioned.[/quote']

All correct bar the last sentence, Shelvey is not very good, he is in fact fuckin shit.

All correct bar the last sentence, Shelvey is not very good, he is in fact fuckin shit.

Ah come on be fair. He is a very good player, he's lively which is a real good quality. He also has spark too, he took no shit off ferguson and said ''Fuck off you cunt, and you can fuck off too Phelan you baldy bastard''. He would definitely make it at a small club like Manchester United.

• 8 months later...

Bump. Any swing in thought?

Why pick one when they can both play in the same team?!

Allen is so much better in the box to box, pressing role as Rodgers said he would be.  I hated him in the DM role, but I really like him in this pressing role - which I always said was his strength.

No it hasn't really. Up until the last few games I had never really noticed Woody but am glad to say he's impressing me

I still think Henderson is the better player but as they're both in the same team now playing regularly we can now make more accurate comparisons

To be honest, if you have to ask (however sarcastically) what Allen does when he's in the team, then what ever comparison you make between him and Henderson is going to be pretty pointless.

I honestly just don't recall him playing well for any period of time or doing anything of great benefit to the team until very recently when all our tactics seem to have clicked perfectly. Be that due to temporary form, injury carrying, tactics etc it's just how I've always seen the game when he's in it.

There was a game recently when he came on and at first I thought 'fucking hell what's he offering?' but by the end it was clear he was a good outlet for the back four and the deepest midfielder.

If he continues playing well then great. But I'm not convinced hos form will not drop and he'll become the invisible man again on the pitch

Football, opinions etc

To be honest I don't think Henderson has been as good as made out, don't get me wrong he has been good but as I say I don't think as good as made out, against manu he was outstanding though.

Allen has impressed me massively this season, I haven't seen someone chase the ball down like him since we had masch but then he also is very good on the ball and in tight areas.

Im happy to have both of them but I like allens style of play over hendersons.

Edited by JermainePennant

They're both great at taking the ball under pressure and making a quick pass to keep the ball circulating. Both are great at pressing opponents and getting round the pitch.

Both need to add goals to their game. If we could get 7-9 goals from open play from them both then we're flying.

So with Lucas nearly back what happens then? Lucas has a far superior pass rate completion of over 91% albeit played 9 games less than Henderson whos pass rate completion is just over 86%. Allen has only played 9 games so his completion of just over 87% dosent really enter it.

Lucas also has a superior win rate in aerial duels of 2.3 compared to hendersons 0.9.

henderson is way ahead in terms of goals and assists though.

To put Lucas pass rate completion into context Skrtel as a defender has a pass rate of just over 90%. 

So with Lucas nearly back what happens then? Lucas has a far superior pass rate completion of over 91% albeit played 9 games less than Henderson whos pass rate completion is just over 86%. Allen has only played 9 games so his completion of just over 87% dosent really enter it.

Lucas also has a superior win rate in aerial duels of 2.3 compared to hendersons 0.9.

henderson is way ahead in terms of goals and assists though.

To put Lucas pass rate completion into context Skrtel as a defender has a pass rate of just over 90%. 

Lucas only plays if Gerrard gets injured and hopefully to Keith that won't happen.

Otherwise it is Gerrard + Henderson then two out of Allen, Coutinho and Sterling depending on form and tactics.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fucking class. Bumped 10 minutes into the game. What a twat.

People are so quick to jump on him. Madness. Not even our worst player, if poor by his recent standards.