You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

And Henderson played 30 odd games last season so like I said,a bit unfair.

To be fair, you were talking about his season when you mentioned Allen's injury. Probably could break it down into minutes on the pitch which allen has 2586 and 2507 mins for Henderson.

Lets hope he does well next season as the manager has a soft spot for him and will get his chances in the team.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Allen would have passed it sideways.

Yeah, he definitely couldn't have done that. Not from that area of the pitch, playing it right to the foot of the attacker.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

YOU AIN'T SEEN THIS, ROIGHT?

ibnrcFU32XIJE6.gif

To be fair' date=' you were talking about his season when you mentioned Allen's injury. Probably could break it down into minutes on the pitch which allen has 2586 and 2507 mins for Henderson.

Lets hope he does well next season as the manager has a soft spot for him and will get his chances in the team.[/quote']

I dont remember mentioning Allens injury but even if i did i can only go on this season with Allen as he wasnt here last season.

Henderson had last season to iron out faults and bed in,Allen hasnt had that luxury yet.

Yeah, he definitely couldn't have done that. Not from that area of the pitch, playing it right to the foot of the attacker.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

YOU AIN'T SEEN THIS, ROIGHT?

ibnrcFU32XIJE6.gif

Wow, there is hope yet!

Wow, there is hope yet!

If you'd payed any attention to him last season then you'd know that sort of thing was par for the course.

It's funny how quickly people forget. If you asked this question last season or just a few months into this season then Allen would win hands down.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If you'd payed any attention to him last season then you'd know that sort of thing was par for the course.

It's funny how quickly people forget. If you asked this question last season or just a few months into this season then Allen would win hands down.

You just need to read back a few pages to see what people were saying after the first month of the season. Things like, 'wow, 15 million looks a bargain' and 'huh, turns out he is the Welsh Xavi after all!'. Nobody is denying his form took a nosedive, then was playing through an injury, but his talent is surely evident for everybody to see? Is it because Rodgers was the one who signed him?

I have always said I saw little of him at Swansea. Never pretended otherwise.

But I'll judge a player what I see at this club, where it matters.

I was in the minority about Henderson last season I thought we'd signed a good player, who showed a lot of promise. Now he is delivering more regularly.

I think Allen is better than what he has shown, but I still think he is a more limited player than Henderson.

Is it because Rodgers was the one who signed him?

Yeah people don't like Sturridge or Coutinho because he signed them as well.

Allen is getting criticism because he has been disappointing, no other reason.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah people don't like Sturridge or Coutinho because he signed them as well.

I know at least one poster here who called all Rodgers signing bar countinho 'average to shite'. I know another poster who dismissed Coutinho out of hand, just because he was being signed by Rodgers. It's not as scandelous to ask that question as it seems you think it is.

You just need to read back a few pages to see what people were saying after the first month of the season. Things like, 'wow, 15 million looks a bargain' and 'huh, turns out he is the Welsh Xavi after all!'. Nobody is denying his form took a nosedive, then was playing through an injury, but his talent is surely evident for everybody to see? Is it because Rodgers was the one who signed him?

It's definitely that with some people, yes, but I mainly think it's a basic memory thing. People naturally remember the latest performances and quickly forget the previous ones. People were doing it wth Sterling too recently when I said he was one of our best players, one of the first names on the teamsheet in the first half of the season. So, it's not all Rodgers bias I don't think.

18 people voted allen over henderson?

hmm....

Yeah it's a mystery. How could anyone consider some useless cunt with a great first touch, who will always make himself available to receive a pass in tight areas, play with his head up, look to find his advanced team mates when in possession with a midfield marvel who does very little of the above apart from being relied upon to put in a shift.

• 4 weeks later...

To start a game, my choice all day long would be Jordan Henderson. However I would bring Joe Allen on as a sub to influence a tight game in our favour. He proved against Spurs at home that he does posess the ability to force the opposition into mistakes. His hard pressing against Spurs forced two goals.

Joe Allen is definitely worth keeping in the squad as is Jordan Henderson.

• 2 weeks later...

Allen, seems to have slipped under the radar now. I was impressed with him early on last season, thought he was quality as did a few others, or was that partly hype as well, maybe. Anyone think he may show any worth in the coming season.

Allen' date=' seems to have slipped under the radar now. I was impressed with him early on last season, thought he was quality as did a few others, or was that partly hype as well, maybe. Anyone think he may show any worth in the coming season.[/quote']

I do mate, though his opportunities are likely to be limited.

I do mate, though his opportunities are likely to be limited.

I do as well, think Rodgers will give him his chance. Don't know, whether it's because of other teams or our own, feel strangely optimistic about next season :|

This is a brilliant debate. It's well worth debating on. Both have different qualities and both in my opinion are likely to be retained. I cannot for the life of me see Jordan Henderson being offloaded. In my opinion if any midfielder is sacrificed for a new arrival say Mhkitayran. My gut feeling is that it will be Shelvey. Overall both Allen and Henderson are superior footballers.

Allen has the ability to probe and control games, where Henderson is more of a natural athlete and his short passing is exceptional. Shelvey is not athletic, can be sluggish and indisciplined. He is a very good player but not as good as the aforementioned.