You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

Henderson and it's not even close.

Joe Allen offers precisely zero in terms of positive intent/influence on a game of football.

He does however have very nice possession and pass completion stats which is very pleasing for the people at Opta and the makers of ProEvo.

If this was asked 10 games into this season, the response would have been entirely different. Goes to show quite a few things, like bad memory, lack of patience and that people dont seem to learn. Henderson had a pretty horrid first season at LFC. He showed a fantastic attitude to work himself back into contention and is now seen as a pretty good player for the future. Why couldnt Allen, who came here after a year where he was one of the best young central midfielders in the league, do the same? He started off the season well and then played carrying a quite serious injury for the most part.

Spot on.

Allen struggled when Brendan started to compromise on the pressing possession side he was trying to create. I think as we see more of the players who are not as suited for that style of play moved on we will see Allen grow into a better player.

Credit to Henderson for making it close, though. At the end of last season I wanted rid of him as I couldn't see how he contributed anything to the team at all. I think both of them will ultimately be squad players if we do achieve the level we're trying to reach, but for me Allen shades it as I think he has more potential than he showed this season, especially in the second half when he was carrying an injury.

Guest LFD
Wholeheartedly disagree with this. Allen has been 1,000,000 times better this season than Henderson was last season.

Overall both Allen and Henderson had poor first seasons.

But we saw glimpses of quality from Henderson and he showed lots more strings to his bow.

This video shows those glimpses in his first season.

[YOUTUBE]aE9T46YamvQ[/YOUTUBE]

I think Allen is a much limited player and has shown less in his first season than Henderson as a result.

This season though Henderson has pissed all over Allen.

Did he fuck.

I know you fantasise about him sitting on your face and crapping in your mouth but 'loads of potential last season', haha.

Back into reality, Coutinho this season is what you would class as showing loads of potential.

Haha!!

At the moment Henderson is clearly better but I certainly haven't written Allen off. As with Borini I think we'll see a lot more from him next season. The difficulty for him will be regaining a place in what is a very competitive midfield - especially if we bring anyone else in.

I think Henderson showed potential last year but was totally overawed playing for such a fantastic club as ours and the level of expectations that goes with that. That made him timid as shit unfortunately and hide in some of the games. This season his balls have started to drop and his game confidence has slowly improved as he's settled in and felt more a part of the club I would suggest, almost like he is beginning to belong. By next season I expect he will have actually grown a full pair and become a bit of a midfield beast. The boy's got the talent he just needs the balls.

As for Allen, yes he played a few nice tidy games during the first couple of months, and looked a rather useful player, but then went totally off the boil and it seemed like the pressure of expectation got to him as he started to play like an opera singer with a terrible stutter. Not so much pulling the strings, more like ripping them apart. He's not a bad player, just nice and tidy. Nice and tidy. I actually think he'll be a more confident player too in his second season, just think Henderson has a lot more overall talent about him, so he's the winner for me!

Overall both Allen and Henderson had poor first seasons.

But we saw glimpses of quality from Henderson and he showed lots more strings to his bow.

This video shows those glimpses in his first season.

[YOUTUBE]aE9T46YamvQ[/YOUTUBE]

I think Allen is a much limited player and has shown less in his first season than Henderson as a result.

This season though Henderson has pissed all over Allen.

As per the request in your neg, I've watched the video. Three minutes of jogging set to possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As per the request in your neg, I've watched the video. Three minutes of jogging set to possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

I couldn't quite figure out why he posted that video, to be honest. It's not like there's not a load of Joe Allen ones with the same sort of stuff.