You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

I liked Wee Joe!

Not as a player, just seemed a nice guy. 

A 5 yard pass magician. Way too weak.A midfielder who was tidy on the ball but not very good defensively or good going forward. Decent presser, but could only really do it for 45 mins at most. 

A wet wet fart of a footballer, but a nice guy! 

Henderon pisses all over Allen, always has done. Even Rodgers who tried to sell Hendo realised this when he was a regular in the team, unlike Wee Joe. 

He found his level. I wish him & his chicken well. 

On 07/05/2013 at 21:00, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

It's a tricky one. I think we've got two potentially high-quality young British players. I don't think they're suited to the same position, or at least the same role in the team.

On potential, I think Allen shades it. However, he clearly needs protection from somebody with bulk. Henderson doesn't need that, so has had a better season. I thought Allen was fucking terrific in his first handful of games. I'm not sure if it was his shoulder or what it was, but he went off the boil and Henderson stepped up.

Henderson takes it on experience, though. He has plenty of Premier League games behind him so I think, despite being a few months younger, he's further along.

I'm actually not sure. If Allen comes back and plays as well as he can, then Allen. If not, and Henderson keeps improving, then Henderson.

You Hendo hating shithouse. 

On 07/05/2013 at 21:06, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

Henderson has really impressed me this season. You can't help but like him. His attitude, as he was being thrown to the garbage, was exceptional. I mean that literally. It was exceptional. The character he has shown is brilliant, to be fair to the lad, and that goes a long way with me. How can you not love him bursting blood vessels when he celebrates goals?

I don't think 16m was a good amount for him, but if he can take the next step up - which would be to contribute 10 goals/goals created - then that fee won't look bad. He obviously has good technique and spirit. That's a good start.

Can you stop with the hate? 

12 minutes ago, LF:D said:

I think Allen shades it

Based on nothing we saw in a LFC shirt.

Okay? What’s your point? I thought Allen was really good for a while, then turned to shite. If you want to judge me with well over half a decade of hindsight, be my guest. I was saying what I thought at the time. Either way, the idea that I’m some Hendo hater is just ridiculous. Even more so because I said Allen’s potential ‘shaded’ it in 2013’. Hendo has obviously turned out better, so I called it wrong. None of that is evidence that I’m unfair and hate Hendo. I just think Virgil, who might be the best player I’ve ever seen play for Liverpool, would be a better Captain. 

Dont like my opinion, fine. Ignore it. 

Just now, LF:D said:

We all get things wrong, it’s not that. 

I just think Henderson has been treated like shit from a large percentage of our fan base since he joined the club.

He seems to get judged differently. 

Did I treat him unfairly when I said how impressed I was and how I couldn’t help but like him? 

This is whole thing stinks of a couple of fanboys losing their shit now their favourite player has had a few decent games in a row. Now they’re like pigs in shit, bumping threads from a different era. If you want to forget that he has been underwhelming for years, then that’s up to you. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Did I treat him unfairly when I said how impressed I was and how I couldn’t help but like him? 

This is whole thing stinks of a couple of fanboys losing their shit now their favourite player has had a few decent games in a row. Now they’re like pigs in shit, bumping threads from a different era. If you want to forget that he has been underwhelming for years, then that’s up to you. 

Paulie Dangerously bumped the thread.  

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve not bumped anything up. Didn’t bring up Allen today either. 

This forum has loads of comments slagging Henderson off. Some of the reasons are ridiculous. I know plenty on here ha e treated him like shit. Can’t remember if you’re one of them, I just don’t agree with your opinions on him as a player.

CD, Stringvest etc have been cunts to him, to name but two. They looked foolish then, they look even worse now.

Hopefully Henderson will continue to proving them wrong & shutting them up! 

20 minutes ago, LF:D said:

I’ve not bumped anything up. Didn’t bring up Allen today either. 

This forum has loads of comments slagging Henderson off. Some of the reasons are ridiculous. I know plenty on here ha e treated him like shit. Can’t remember if you’re one of them, I just don’t agree with your opinions on him as a player.

CD, Stringvest etc have been cunts to him, to name but two. They looked foolish then, they look even worse now.

Hopefully Henderson will continue to proving them wrong & shutting them up! 

This is the thing, 3 games in a different position doesn’t really prove anything about Henderson as a 6. 

My issue was you named me and Stringvest together as haters crying into our Cheerios. I’ve never been a Hendo hater. 

It’s like a lot of things on this forum. Somebody says something about a poster and it becomes forum fact. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

This is the thing, 3 games in a different position doesn’t really prove anything about Henderson as a 6. 

My issue was you named me and Stringvest together as haters crying into our Cheerios. I’ve never been a Hendo hater. 

But you eat Cheerios?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve never been a Hendo hater. 

You thought Joe fucking Allen was better than him! 

Hardly a Hendo fan! 

You don’t want him as captain. 

You often say you think we need better. 

Jump on board the Hendo Lovers Bus. There’s still space & he’s captain of our best team in 30 years. Might lift two trophies & is in great form thriving in his best position. 

Cant believe there’s still doubters!

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

You thought Joe fucking Allen was better than him! 

Hardly a Hendo fan! 

You don’t want him as captain. 

You often say you think we need better. 

Jump on board the Hendo Lovers Bus. There’s still space & he’s captain of our best team in 30 years. Might lift two trophies & is in great form thriving in his best position. 

Cant believe there’s still doubters!

I said, over half a decade ago, that I thought Allen had slightly more potential than Hendo but that Henderson had a better season and was performing better. You might want to read and think before just attaching your own meaning and running with it. 

You’re right, I don’t want him as Captain. I didn’t want Torres as Captain. Or Suarez. I don’t want Salah, Mane, or Firmino as Captain. If the prime version of the best player ever, Messi/Ronaldo/Maradona was here I wouldn’t want them as Captain. If you think this is evidence that I hate these players then you’re dopey as fuck. 

I haven’t ‘often’ said anything about Henderson. I rarely mention him. But I do think we need a better number 6 than Henderson. Mainly because... we do. And by the way, a few posts ago you said that he shouldn’t be a regular. So what the actual fuck are you talking about? Do you even have a coherent opinion or are you just reverting to type?

You can project onto me whatever you want to think I’m saying, but I have the bonus of actually having said it and it being in black and white. Truth is, as some sort of Hendo fanboy with a mega crush, you count any opinion that isn’t sucking his cock as hate. Unless it’s yours. 

You can’t believe there are still doubters about somebody you don’t think should be a regular!? He has had three good performances in a row and you want years of other performances to be forgotten. Cool. Anyway, I’m done with all this Hendo nonsense now. 

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

Paulie Dangerously bumped the thread.  

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Paulie is a one-shoe’d cocksucker and I’m going to leave him here. 

Don't bring me into your spat. 

I bumped as someone could scarcely believe we used to debate who was the better player out of Allen and Sir Hendo (capt.)

• Like 1