You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

• 5 years later...
On 07/05/2013 at 20:52, corro said:

Joe all day. As will be proven next season.

On 07/05/2013 at 20:52, Guest Numero Veinticinco said:

At what? Henderson is stronger and has a great engine. I think Allen is going to be a very high quality footballer, though. He's massively under appreciated on here.

On 08/05/2013 at 10:03, navbasi said:

I've said Allen as I think he'll be a key player for us next season.

On 08/05/2013 at 10:05, stringvest said:

Allen will be miles better next season. I like them both.

On 08/05/2013 at 13:02, DimReaper said:

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. Allen has been 1,000,000 times better this season than Henderson was last season.

On 09/05/2013 at 06:56, Jhinge Machha said:

joe allen will prove us all wrong next season i hope. the power is in the beard

BJwMKDSCUAAIKau.jpg:large

Fantastic takes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I stand by everything I said in this thread.

I stand by not being able to remember what the fuck I said in this thread. I certainly didn't vote for Allen though as the above is wrongly suggesting. 

On 09/05/2013 at 14:13, Christian said:

I think Joe Allen is a better footballer than Henderson and probably (or more like hopefully) that'll be borne out over time.

On 09/05/2013 at 14:10, Jairzinho said:

I think both could play at a pretty high level in the league, but that is mainly because, as United have showed, you really don't need a particularly good central midfield to even win it.

Still not really sure where Henderson should be playing. Allen, eventually, will be the middle of the three.

On 13/05/2013 at 20:29, Gym Beglin said:

Why do we have to choose between them again?

Joe Allen is sensational.

Jordan Henderson is very good.

JOE ALLEN.

On 18/03/2014 at 22:53, Guest LFD said:

Why pick one when they can both play in the same team?!

Allen is so much better in the box to box, pressing role as Rodgers said he would be.  I hated him in the DM role, but I really like him in this pressing role - which I always said was his strength.

On 18/03/2014 at 23:03, RedKnight said:

To be honest, if you have to ask (however sarcastically) what Allen does when he's in the team, then what ever comparison you make between him and Henderson is going to be pretty pointless.

On 24/03/2014 at 14:07, magicrat said:

Agree with this. Were still to see the best of Allen . There's a few goals in the lad I reckon 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I miss xerxes, his wistful post match reports were great; as he wandered down cobbled streets, ruffled a young scamp's hair, and prepared to swing his wooden rattle.

I’m working on getting him back for a special, breathless, just home from the match report if we do win it.

• Upvote 1