You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My gf got rushed to hospital last night

Adebisi

As if things couldn't get any worse, my girlfriend got rushed to hospital late last night. She'd started to feel achey 2 days ago and then at 7am yesterday she phoned me worried she had an absess in her mouth. I was at my mum's so she went to the walk in clinic herself, they said it was a dental absess gave her some antibiotics and sent her home.

She was in bad pain most of the day but late last night she took a turn for the worse, chronic pain, changes in temprature, pains in her chest and dizzy spells. I phoned 999 and after 20 minutes they sent a taxi. She began to vomit up bile which contained blood and or puss. When we got there it was a wait in a&e until she started to faint again. Eventually they took her to a bed where she spent about 3 hours vomiting and getting her blood taken and everything.

Eventually 2 dental blokes came and they seemed to agree it wasn't a dental issue and she wouldn't need an operation. Eventually she was taken to a ward at about 6am. She was put on a drip and they attempted an xray but she fainted again. I was told to go home snd rest and I did but got no sleep.

I went to see her earlier to drop off some things and she looked better and she was able to eat and stand and hug me and generally was her usual amazing self, she was still in pain and they want to keep her at least another 2 days. They seem to think it's an infection and due to a weak immune system and the fact she has bulimia, its hit her super hard but I have since come home and started googling and scared myself with all kinds of things. She pretty much has all the symptoms of sepsis which has terrified me.

Not quite sure why I made this thread, advice and opinions maybe, maybe someone can reassure me I'm worrying too much and she'll be fine but yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. Today I felt better after seeing her but have gone and worried myself by googling shit. Any medical experts around or anyone who has had an infection on this level before? I remember when I had a sinus infection and I was in agony and it makes sense she'd be in a great deal more pain due to her situation but she has so many symptoms of horrible things, I'm shitting it.

I wouldn't go looking for what's wrong mate, she's in the best possible place. You looking for stuff on the internet will only make yourself worse, not her better.

Hope she gets better soon, and when she does, it'll be because of the doctors. Try not to worry, just get in and see her when you can and comfort her.

I'm sorry to hear that, i hope she gets better and makes a speedy recovery. Everyone looks on the internet and reads into things, you can convince yourself of anything if your looking for specific symptoms. My thoughts are with you both at this time, Acid is right in what he says.

I wouldn't go looking for what's wrong mate, she's in the best possible place. You looking for stuff on the internet will only make yourself worse, not her better.

Hope she gets better soon, and when she does, it'll be because of the doctors. Try not to worry, just get in and see her when you can and comfort her.

This

And hopes she's better soon