You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory MP arrested for raping two men

PestiRed

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

It's just weird, and in the end we come back to the same thing, as always: assumptions are fine for him, but nobody else. It's so tedious.

My assumptions, such as they are, are in the realm of reality. They're not far fetched conspiracy theories that make no logical sense.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

It's just weird, and in the end we come back to the same thing, as always: assumptions are fine for him, but nobody else. It's so tedious.

Unreeeeeeal levels of SD. The place is better off for it though. Simons void needed filling. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Unreeeeeeal levels of SD. The place is better off for it though. Simons void needed filling. 

The Standard linked the same article on Facebook, and there's plenty of comments below, posted before the time the article was updated, referencing the fact that he was a Tory, and yet the more logical assumption, apparently, is that there was nothing in there about him being a Tory.

!Logic!

12 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

My assumptions, such as they are, are in the realm of reality. They're not far fetched conspiracy theories that make no logical sense.

Are you suggesting that the media don't tailor their stories to suit agendas based on their political standpoint or ownership? Are you suggesting that it's far fetched conspiracy nonsense to suggest that they are? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you suggesting that the media don't tailor their stories to suit agendas based on their political standpoint or ownership? Are you suggesting that it's far fetched conspiracy nonsense to suggest that they are? 

I have only commented on this specific theory you're supporting, the one which you have ZERO evidence for and which makes no sense, yet I'm apparently the intellectual challenged one for not accepting it.

1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I have only commented on this specific theory you're supporting, the one which you have ZERO evidence for and which makes no sense, yet I'm apparently the intellectual challenged one for not accepting it.

I asked two questions and you have avoided them. Convenient that as usual. 

The evidence was in the headline which didn't mention a Tory MP when every man and his dog knew it was a Tory MP already. 

3 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

That just means the story has been updated since the original tweet.

If they changed the article headline again, that's what would show on the link.

I wish I could be as ignorant as you sometimes. I might well win more battles with the missus. Well played. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I asked two questions and you have avoided them. Convenient that as usual. 

The evidence was in the headline which didn't mention a Tory MP when every man and his dog knew it was a Tory MP already. 

If everyone knew it was a Tory MP, how would this one outlet be suppressing it?

Your crackpot theories aren't even consistent. 

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

If everyone knew it was a Tory MP, how would this one outlet be suppressing it?

Your crackpot theories aren't even consistent. 

They convenient left him out of the headline, Karen. But you knew that was the point all along. Stop clinging on when it's plain as day you are wrong yet again. 

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The cunning tactic of burying a story by writing an article about it and hoping nobody clicks on the headline. 

Yep by not mentioning it was a Tory in the headline. Cunning, sly and corrupt wouldn't you agree Karen? I mean you know a lot about that sort of thing. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Ignore this. Twitter was telling lies/half truths. 

Too late to unsee it.  I have heard no evidence that MF is not the rapist . In fact the state of the prick would make it difficult to imagine him having consensual sex with anyone. 

29 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I believe that 54 year old Tory MP and former minister, Mark Francois, has deleted all his social media accounts tonight?

Probably entirely unconnected though... 

Don't think he has any social media accounts. He deffo doesn't have a Twitter account

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The absence of evidence for a negative is not evidence for a positive. This is a common error on social media debates and it drives me fucking crazy. MF may or may not be the accused but the lack of evidence for the latter does not confirm the former. It could be any one of a number of MPs but taking your logic they are all probably guilty because there is no evidence to the contrary. I may be the second coming of christ and you have heard no evidence that I’m not so it must be true. Do you see the problem with that line of reasoning ? 

OK. Now I actually do believe this is your first account on TLW. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The absence of evidence for a negative is not evidence for a positive. This is a common error on social media debates and it drives me fucking crazy. MF may or may not be the accused but the lack of evidence for the latter does not confirm the former. It could be any one of a number of MPs but taking your logic they are all probably guilty because there is no evidence to the contrary. I may be the second coming of christ and you have heard no evidence that I’m not so it must be true. Do you see the problem with that line of reasoning ? 

I may be wrong but I think he was taking the jpiss out of SD.

9 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Agreed.

11 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I see a problem not having a sense of humour . Did you really think I was being serious?