You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Giro d'Italia 2013

Paolini got away on the descent and took the win and the 20 second bonus. The other GC contenders all finished together with Evans and Hesjedal taking 12 and 8 bonus seconds. Paolini takes the Malia Rose but job done for Wiggins as the descent suited Nibali but he took no time. Tomorrow suits wiggo better, a much longer final climb with only a couple of kms of descending to the finish.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really seem interested in trying today did he, 6k descent to the finish tommorow, you would think he would give it a bit of a go to grab some time if they are all there together at the top, even though its early he shouldn't be turning down opportunities.

Despite finishing second I think we'll see Evans lose time tomorrow, he was gapped on the climb today and only got back on in the long descent.

I expect Vini Fantini and your man Santambrogio to go all out tomorrow, after the weekend TT he'll be nowhere so their big chance of getting the jersey is this stage.

Astana and Garmin looked ready to race so this wont be the procession we saw at the tdf last year, and Wiggins looked tranquilo all day. I'm already loving it, three days in and we've had two days when the GC riders attacked each other and there will be another one tomorrow. Chapeau! to Michele Acquarone for a great parcours.

Despite finishing second I think we'll see Evans lose time tomorrow, he was gapped on the climb today and only got back on in the long descent.

I expect Vini Fantini and your man Santambrogio to go all out tomorrow, after the weekend TT he'll be nowhere so their big chance of getting the jersey is this stage.

Astana and Garmin looked ready to race so this wont be the procession we saw at the tdf last year, and Wiggins looked tranquilo all day. I'm already loving it, three days in and we've had two days when the GC riders attacked each other and there will be another one tomorrow. Chapeau! to Michele Acquarone for a great parcours.

It has been a great start, agree with Santambrogio, hes my pick in the fantasy cycling today, Betencur might have something to say also, i can see those 2 winning 3/4 stages between them.

Seems that he was caught behind a crash. Makes sense as he went over the final summit with all the other heads of state.

Team Sky have appealed to the race jury as it was in the last 3kms. I wonder if an italian jury will promote wiggins back ahead if Nibali.

Whatever Happened to Vini Fantini?

He got the uneasy feeling he wasn't going to win the stage when the crowds started shouting "Fool if you think it's over" He remarked to a reporter after the race with a shrug of the shoulders, saying "Just one of those days'

Ok, so bite me!

Chute! and Degenkolb takes the win but it looks like the end of the race for one of the other Argos Shimano riders.

Cav battled hard to get over the climb but just couldnt get back on. He'll be in the frame for the win tomorrow.

Big crash in the last 3km so they initially give the time across the line and then do the adjustments. Tactics were right today, Degekolb and the other sprint trains were at the front, Brad would have been wasting energy trying to get to the front.

He should of been up there with his GC rivals protected by his teammates instead of going walkabouts near the back again, would of thought he would of learned his lesson from yesterday.

Henao was 4th in the stage and is Wiggins last man so he was obviously nowhere near him towards the end of the stage, just seems strange the total lack of organisation from Sky with regards to finishing these stages.

He should of been up there with his GC rivals protected by his teammates instead of going walkabouts near the back again, would of thought he would of learned his lesson from yesterday.

Henao was 4th in the stage and is Wiggins last man so he was obviously nowhere near him towards the end of the stage, just seems strange the total lack of organisation from Sky with regards to finishing these stages.

Not sure about today with henao, possibly just chancing his arm because of the crash but Uran yesterday was a deliberate attempt to mop up bonus seconds while Wiggins saves energy.

He has every right to be pissed off about yesterday as they gave the guys who crashed the same time as the winner but not those caught behind the crash. Dodgy as hell.