You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Holiday Plans

Bjornebye

Cheers Melons!

You'll enjoy it down there mate, some fantastic places to see, and the region's wine is top notch.  Saint-Chinian has a number of good chateaux and plenty of wine shops, and Beziers is a lovely place to wander around.  Good beaches on the lagoon side of Sete, and you can even get into Spain to the Dali museum in Figueres.  One of my fave spots in France. 

Nice one Pesti - Looks lovely. You too Bogman. Cape Verde you lucky fuck

Me and her are hiring a car and touring Italy starting at Verona then Lake Garda, Venice, Bologna, Florence, Cinqueterre, Rome then the amalfi coast. Can not fucking wait. 

She will be in the boot by the time we are driving to Venice. 

Going to a place called Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, all inclusive with the mrs. Never been before but know a few people who have and said they love it. Just looking for a relaxing break really. 

Stayed in villas around there a few times, barely left the villas' swimming pools. Nice beaches there, and even though it's the opposite end of the island to the airport it's still a short journey on a good road.

• Upvote 1

Cape Verde, 5 weeks on Thursday.

If you get the chance go to Santo Antao.

It's the most westerly island and is like something from Lord of the Rings.

The south is desert with steep verdant mountains/valleys and in the centre and north.

Fucking magical place

If you get the chance go to Santo Antao.

It's the most westerly island and is like something from Lord of the Rings.

The south is desert with steep verdant mountains/valleys and in the centre and north.

Fucking magical place

Will do. Ta.

Never done an all-inclusive-much-to-do-other-then-sunbathe holiday before. Reckon I'll be hammered most days.

Where's that?

Croatia. First place with waterfalls is Plitvička National Park. Second place is Mljet, an island off the coast by Dubrovnik.

Twats, I was dying to show off and tell everyone I knew where that was! 

I don't tend to do Summer holidays, why leave the country when it's sunny- I prefer to go when it's fucking shite here and ace somewhere else. I will be going to Krakow for the weekend though, on a stag.

I'm going to Vermont to see friends for a week and then down to Boston for a few days, to see a sporting event at Fenway Park that is not baseball.

It'll be 10 days in total, and then I'm coming home and not going to work so I get 2 weeks off. Tell you what - I'm really looking forward to it.

Twats, I was dying to show off and tell everyone I knew where that was! 

I don't tend to do Summer holidays, why leave the country when it's sunny- I prefer to go when it's fucking shite here and ace somewhere else. I will be going to Krakow for the weekend though, on a stag.

Ha, take it you've been to Plitvička then.

To my shame, it's only 4 hours drive away but I've had just one brief visit. Really looking forward to spending a couple of days there. I'd love to do a trip to see wild bears and wolves, but we take the dog with us so can't manage it unfortunately

On Saturday I will be here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

On Monday I will be here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't wait

Is that the lakes in Northern Croatia? Spent a couple of days there a couple of years ago. Absolutely stunning place. Croatia has some of the most beautiful women in Europe in my opinion.

Back to topic I'm in Bulgaria and then onto Athens next week and then looking to book a late summer holiday somewhere. Hopefully this thread gives me ideas.

Ah I jumped in there without checking all the replies. The islands off Dubrovnik are stunning as well as the city itself. We did a little island hopping and would defi go back as we didn't have time to see hvar. That was a crack trip actually we drove from Bulgaria and stopped off in Serbia, the lakes above, Bosnia, Dubrovnik Montenegro and back into Bulgaria. I'm pretty envious pesti.

So anyone have any ideas for late September / October holiday? We were looking at Zanzibar but open to anywhere with sun and beaches. Long haul is fine too.

Ah I jumped in there without checking all the replies. The islands off Dubrovnik are stunning as well as the city itself. We did a little island hopping and would defi go back as we didn't have time to see hvar. That was a crack trip actually we drove from Bulgaria and stopped off in Serbia, the lakes above, Bosnia, Dubrovnik Montenegro and back into Bulgaria. I'm pretty envious pesti.

So anyone have any ideas for late September / October holiday? We were looking at Zanzibar but open to anywhere with sun and beaches. Long haul is fine too.

I went to Sri Lanka in February, it was freaking amazing.

Brilliantly friendly people, great beaches, surfing, elephants, blue whales, Buddhist cave temples, awesome rock temples, the mountain where Adam first stepped on earth, Buddha's tooth, cricket, tea and curry.

North Africa is still pretty warm at that time of year. I like Morocco as you can do beaches, cities and go up into the Atlas Mountains for a bit of variety. Plus the food is amazing

Yeah Morocco is boss.  Once your in the Atlas mountains, you should carry on and go into the Sahara a bit as well though too.  Ride a camel, sleep on the dunes, etc.