You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not really much to say about that as very little happened. Coutinho had some good moments and Gerrard was excellent but no one else did much. Lucky to get away with the disallowed goal. The players looked like they were happy enough with a point in the last 20 minutes and considering that pretty much ensures we finish below them again that's hard to understand.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are being far too negative here. It wasn't an awful game at all. We just failed to score. Sturridge didn't have his shooting boots on and Everton blocked the rest.

As for complaining about the lack of yellow cards, I mean seriously?

Is wasn't that bad a game and had Luis been there we would have won. As it was we got lucky with a key decision. Very sad that Carra has played his last derby. He had a decent game today and more should have een done to persuade him to stay another season,.

Guest ShoePiss
how the eff can all you lot watch the game and comment on here?? beyond belief... the only thing that takes my eye of the game is the can of beer i reach for...

Pretty easy really. 5.30am ko for me so the coffee helps.

Add Micheal Oliver to the neverending list of referees the shite will still be moaning about in 40 years time. They all seem to have forgot about the Suarez 'goal' at the pit earlier in the season so fuck 'em! We had chances to win the game and on another day we'd have taken them. On the plus side we looked a bit more solid at the back.

Subbing a right sided attacking player for a centreback was just too fucking clever for me.

I think Erique had been told to stay well deep, he brought Skrtl on to allow Enrique forward.

The everton fans were a joke though today, never seen that many flairs, thrown at the back of there own fans heads, & kicking off with the stewards. their songs are just an embarrassment.

Sturridge is incredibly inconsistent, genuinely looked like a different player to the Chelsea and Newcastle matches. Gerrard was fantastic, Johnson bang out of form and Enrique needs to work on his final ball and not just panic and hit it as hard as he can towards the keeper.

Sturridge is incredibly inconsistent, genuinely looked like a different player to the Chelsea and Newcastle matches. Gerrard was fantastic, Johnson bang out of form and Enrique needs to work on his final ball and not just panic and hit it as hard as he can towards the keeper.

Whilst this is true, he did put in one great ball where Borini was just caught on his heels. If he'd gambled he'd have had a tap in.

The team seriously needs to replace downing with a genuine quality pacey skillful player on the same wavelength as Suarez and coutinho if he does that witha lineup of sturridge Suarez coutinho and Henderson on the left supporting we will do just fine. If he leaves that position as it is we are fucked and will continue to struggle against anybody even arsed about organising a defence.

Considering their strength on set plays and our weakness I was expecting worse. They're a tough side to break down and we were missing our most creative player so I'm not overly upset.

Moyes showed again why he'll never get Everton to top 4, he played the same a few weeks back in their critical game against Arsenal, preferring to play it safe instead of going all in. Its no surprise they lead the league in draws. At least we have a past and a future.

Guest davelfc

I was going to say that the game was shit, but I've had shits that I've enjoyed more. It was fucking terrible.

The best part was the final whistle that put us out of our agony, blah blah Rodgers etc etc

Sturridge barely wanted to know.

Too physical for him.

We had enough chances to win but they blocked everything.

All they had was set pieces.

Their fans were a disgrace. Jft 39, always the victim, im sure I saw them taunting fans leaving the main stand with aeroplane gestures. Were they asking them to sing about munich song? It was so surreal I was expecting you scouse bastards to be chanted by them as well.

The team seriously needs to replace downing with a genuine quality pacey skillful player on the same wavelength as Suarez and coutinho if he does that witha lineup of sturridge Suarez coutinho and Henderson on the left supporting we will do just fine. If he leaves that position as it is we are fucked and will continue to struggle against anybody even arsed about organising a defence.

Ye, its so obvious aswell, who can hand on heart say they want Downing out there on the pitch playing 40/50 games next season?

Sod that, hope Sterling can push on next season and we sign some quality to replace Downing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What we need is a physical presence throughout the side. A defender to replace Carra, who has height and leadership, a holding midfielder with genuine pace and a great engine, and a quality player for the right attacking position. Then go again in the Winter. Surely we can manage three players?

What we need is a physical presence throughout the side. A defender to replace Carra, who has height and leadership, a holding midfielder with genuine pace and a great engine, and a quality player for the right attacking position. Then go again in the Winter. Surely we can manage three players?

Whilst some of this is true, the game finished 0-0. They created absolutely fuck all from open play. We didn't win the game because the full backs, and Sturridge, were abysmal.

We'll need more than one centre back with Carragher retiring, and Coates and Skrtel probably leaving. Worrying.

Their fans were a disgrace. Jft 39, always the victim, im sure I saw them taunting fans leaving the main stand with aeroplane gestures. Were they asking them to sing about munich song? It was so surreal I was expecting you scouse bastards to be chanted by them as well.

3 mins to start singing the "Always the Victims song".

Afterwards shouting "murderers" at Liverpool fans in cars, unpleasant by the Abbey and the Royal Oak in particular.

When did these people set the bar for their own personal standards of behaviour so low?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Whilst some of this is true, the game finished 0-0.

Sorry, yeah, I was really talking about what we need to do for next season in general, not just specific criticisms of today. Although strength and pace in midfield would have allowed us to push further forward, and release Gerrard a bit more. Our inability to push up against midfields with a lot of strength is a running theme. Just counting up the ones we've lost because of it this season, I think we could pick up some serious points next season with just that option.

It's not just about sticking a hard cunt in the midfield. I'm not a total buffoon (well...), it's not just about buying a player. Done. Dusted. League won. I think it would allow us to play a different way in the central areas, with less need for two players to be back all the time. If we can release the extra player (Gerrard, probably), and have a defensive midfielder with the pace to get back if we're countered, then we'll walk games like today, and many of the other games we've drawn this season. In my opinion, anyway.

They created absolutely fuck all from open play. We didn't win the game because the full backs, and Sturridge, were abysmal.

We didn't win because the many chances we created didn't result in a goal. That just happens sometimes. Obviously with Luis coming back and the proposed right attacker, we'd be even more of an attacking force for the coming season.

I'm not saying we played brilliantly today, but I am saying we had plenty of opportunities to do it. I don't disagree that the Johnson and Sturridge were well out of it today (although, I think you're being a bit harsh on Enrique), but we still had more than enough to put them to bed. I think it was just another one of those games.

We'll need more than one centre back with Carragher retiring, and Coates and Skrtel probably leaving. Worrying.

I'm not worried about it, but if Skrtel goes then we'll definitely need to replace him too.

For me the only two positives from today were Moyes leaving (if indeed he does) with is Anfield record intact, and that people have had a dose of reality about why beating Newcastle did not mean we'd cope well without Suarez.

Yes, bumming teams who play with no fight is great, and necessary to get the goal difference up, but it's against well-organized teams like Everton that you need the edge of the world class player.