You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So, how would you react  

187 members have voted

1. 1. So, how would you react

• I'd defo sing derogatory things; no different to Steve Bruce's massive head, its something to target
    • I'd like to think i wouldnt sing, but if the song was funny i'd probably join in
    • It would depend who it was - if it was a blue or a manc i'd join in
    • I'm really not arsed at all about people sexual orientation but would expect others to sing
    • I'd be abhorred if people sang about someone being gay
    • Other - state your feelings

I wonder if the Premier League will bury their heads over this:

Crystal Palace's Cheikhou Kouyate and Watford's Ismaila Sarr have posted on social media in apparent support of their Senegal team-mate's stance.

Kouyate posted a picture of himself alongside Gueye on Instagram, with a caption calling Gueye "a real man". Watford winger Sarr posted a picture of him and Gueye accompanied by three heart emojis and the caption "100%".

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem is more a segment of the religious now, not so much the ignorant cartoonish masculine men who think gay men are fairies. And unfortunately, you can't really tell the religious anything. They will grasp onto their beliefs.

I've got no problem with somebody being homophobic if they just come out and say it, we can all point and laugh at their idiocy then. It's shady when they try and hide behind religion for protection though, especially if they're hypocrites about what parts are and aren't ok to them.

2264.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

5568.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I've got no problem with somebody being homophobic if they just come out and say it, we can all point and laugh at their idiocy then. It's shady when they try and hide behind religion for protection though, especially if they're hypocrites about what parts are and aren't ok to them.

2264.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

5568.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

Gueye doth protest too much. I mean,just look at the surname.

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It's sad as fuck really, why do people get so angry and enraged simply because other people are happy and express their love in a slightly different way?

Do you ever look around the world and think "you know what the main problem is? Too many people are in love and happy. Well, we'll have to stamp down on that."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I say this from a position of someone who was a terrible, ignorant, blinkered bigot some 25 years ago.

I didn't knowingly know any gay people but I'd had this caricature painted for me by the media and generations of bigots, of a group of effiminate, lisping cissies. It's only by working alongside some gay people and getting to know them as people that made me realise just what a fucking bell-end I had been.

Probably true of 95% of us here.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 09/10/2022 at 09:59, Creator Supreme said:

If that Casillas coming out thing was a joke, he's a fucking idiot. There'll be a lot of players struggling over whether or not to make their sexuality public, and if he's done this as a joke, it could set them back terribly.

Not often I get to agree with you but this is spot on.

You want gay - how about hacked my ass.

Wanker.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wouldnt have taken the Clough quip about Fashanu as being about him being gay,given that his signing was considered a bit of a flop by Forest and Clough at the time. I'm not sure if anybody even knew back then to be honest. I may be wrong but I am not sure if that was the reason myself. As for the Ian Wright one,that was simply a bad attempt at humour,often similar to what we do on here.