You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Tips

Remmie

SAVE a fortune on laundry bills by giving your dirty shirts to Oxfam. They will wash and iron them and you can buy them back for 50p

SAVE doing unnecessary ironing by putting on your shirt and tucking it into your trousers. Then, draw a line around the shirt at belt level with an indelible marker pen. The material below this line will never need ironing, thus saving time and effort

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

Women over 35, save yourself the pain and cost of an expensive tattoo on your lower back by just writing 'old slag' on your forehead in lipstick.

AMERICANS. Wipe out the Iraqi insurgency by simply joining their side. With your 'friendly fire' tactics, the war should be over in days.

Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and

grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Always keep a pound of lard in your pocket so that if you get your

head stuck in railings you'll be able to grease your ears and slide

out.

Deter goldfish from having sex by throwing a small bucket of air over

any that you catch in the act.

Just found a favourite of mine:

Save time when crossing a one-way street by only looking in the direction of oncoming traffic. - D. Rogers, Hemel Hempstead

When crossing a one-way street always look in BOTH directions in case a large blue furniture removal lorry is reversing the wrong way up the road. - D. Rogers, Hemel Hempstead General Infirmary

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

SMELL gas? Locate the suspected leak by striking an ordinary match

in every room in the house until a loud explosion reveals

the source of the escaping gas.

Guest davelfc

HOUSEWIVES. I find the best way to get two for the price of one is by putting one in your shopping trolley and the other in your coat pocket.

ROYALS. To save embarrassment caused by Prince Harry's constant indiscretions, why not simply admit that he is the son of major James Hewitt, and therefore nothing to do with you.

BUSY EXECUTIVES. Don't buy a Dachshund. Their amusing sausage shape means they take 50% longer to stroke than other dogs, and time is money.

• Upvote 1

Not a top tip but Viz related from their letters page which I recall from years ago:

Dear Dulux Once,

I think the word you were looking for is "Twice"

Regards

Or 'Three Times for Good Measure'

Drivers. Impress your passengers when you drive them to your house giving them the feeling you have a large gravelled driveway by glueing rice crispies to your tyres.

Top Tip NB - this is only useful if your passengers are blind or locked in the boot.

Just found a favourite of mine:

Save time when crossing a one-way street by only looking in the direction of oncoming traffic. - D. Rogers, Hemel Hempstead

When crossing a one-way street always look in BOTH directions in case a large blue furniture removal lorry is reversing the wrong way up the road. - D. Rogers, Hemel Hempstead General Infirmary

Fab! Made me laugh that