You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never understood why he went to QPR other than the possibility nobody else in the premier league was in for him at the time and him using them as a stepping stone. He's hardly set the league on fire but let's face it, he's playing in front of a shite midfield. Personally I'd be pleased to see him here and we'd only be looking at around £8m

Discuss.

I think Remy will be the Demba Ba of next season, spurs will probably sign him to replace Defoe though. But we should definately look to sign him for 8 million.

I think Brendan would rather spend the money on an attacking midfielder and if he sells Downing a right winger / attacker. We should look at Mertens to replace Downing, i know he's left footed but so is Downing. Rodgers likes to invert his wingers, Coutinho is right footed but plays on the left.

Eriksen or Mkhitaryan are probably the best bets for the attacking mid role. But if we sell Carroll i'd love us to sign Remy or maybe look at the eredivisie because Bony is tearing it up.

What's he on per week at QPR? And where is the £8mil figure from?

I'd imagine he's a real wedge at QPR mate. Newcastle had scouted him and done most of the work on a deal to sign him in January and if you recall, QPR swooped in at the last with what was reported to be double the wage offer, which must mean that he's on around 70k per week.

And given that QPR were in the shit when the move was proposed and signed, chances are that wages were not the only incentive and a 'get out' clause in the case of relegation would have almost certainly been inserted in the contract I would imagine.

I'd say the 8m figure comes from what they paid for him, so as not to price him out a move...AND QPR should they go down, they wont want that sort of wage on the books next season and there is no way he will have come over here to play Championship football.

It's all guesswork like, but probably educated guesswork as it would make sense given the circumstances of his signing for QPR in the firdst place.

Bony is boss. I prefer Tadic to Mertens myself though.

Tadic is a very good shout, i just see something in Mertens, he has everything you'd need to be a success here. He can beat a man, score spectacular goals, get the tap ins, has the technique, pace and stamina to play in the premier league. We should definitely look abroad though, Ince would be a big mistake.

He'll be the bargain of the summer. If, if, if, if, if Carroll goes, he should be our primary target.

Mercenary prima donna aged nearly 27 on £75000 a week, not quite the profile we want, so they say, and rightly so.

and what exactly are we looking for? Dempsey?