You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve lived in London and Warrington, the latter has much a better choices of pies. There was a chippy in Prescott that did steak and kidney puddings. That’s proper. 

It's Prescot with one t. 

Kidney is vile. Up there with liver as one of the worst things humanity ever decided was edible. 

Meat and Potato pie from Waterfields, that's the one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve lived in London and Warrington, the latter has much a better choices of pies. 

There's something disconcerting in the way that menu doesn't specify what type of pie it is.  It reminds me of Godber working in the kitchens in Porridge .

"What type of pie is this?"

"Meat pie"

"I know, but what type of meat?"

"I dunno. The tin just said meat pie filling "

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's Prescot with one t. 

Kidney is vile. Up there with liver as one of the worst things humanity ever decided was edible. 

With a caramel doughnut to follow. Waterfields are boss.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They were superb. Don't do them any more though the pricks 

My Sister in Law used to live in South Avenue and always bought their stuff in when she knew we were visiting.

They opened a shop in he Concourse in Skem then closed when Greggs opened a few yards from them. 

Their pies and cakes were spot on.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Sister in Law used to live in South Avenue and always bought their stuff in when she knew we were visiting.

They opened a shop in he Concourse in Skem then closed when Greggs opened a few yards from them. 

Their pies and cakes were spot on.

Hahaha fuck me, I grew up 2 roads behind South Avenue (Manchester Road), Dads side grew up in Central Avenue (as far back as the late 50's). Spent my teenage years on Brownsfield playing footy and all round the streets playing knock and run. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It's Prescot with one t. 

Being from Prescot, you should know that Rays was the best place for Pies.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha fuck me, I grew up 2 roads behind South Avenue (Manchester Road), Dads side grew up in Central Avenue (as far back as the late 50's). Spent my teenage years on Brownsfield playing footy and all round the streets playing knock and run. 

So it was you ye little cunt!

She was there 6 or 7 years until her Son died in the mid 90's. She 's back in Whiston now by what used to be The Watchmaker.

Shame, it was a nice place she had there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

So it was you ye little cunt!

She was there 6 or 7 years until her Son died in the mid 90's. She 's back in Whiston now by what used to be The Watchmaker.

Shame, it was a nice place she had there.

Aah awful. Yeah I know where you mean. 

Lovely little road that South Avenue. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It's Prescot with one t. 

It was a long time ago but the wife once suspected me of cheating. I had to stay at my mums for a couple of nights.

When she realised I’d not behaved as badly as she thought (still not great mind) she let me come home. 

She made tea. It included Kidney. The one and only time she’s included that in any meal in more than twenty years.

I ate all of it. It was disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It was a long time ago but the wife once suspected me of cheating. I had to stay at my mums for a couple of nights.

When she realised I’d not behaved as badly as she thought (still not great mind) she let me come home. 

She made tea. It included Kidney. The one and only time she’s included that in any meal in more than twenty years.

I ate all of it. It was disgusting. 

Serves you right for not posting pictures of the lesbians 

• Upvote 1

Went to a place for lunch today and it had French onion soup on the specials board, I love French onion soup so obviously ordered it.

What arrived was, well, to be blunt a fucking disgrace.

It was stock and onion soup with a side of focaccia. No Comte or Gruyère on toast bread resting on top of a thick onion and beef reduction.

I have not been this angry in a very, very long time!  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Looking forward to this.

Slow cooked Brisket. Part boiled new potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and onions added to the pot. 

Biggest challenge will be not spoiling my appetite with a snack, as it’s a couple of hours away from being ready to serve.

IMG_5568.jpeg

Looks lovely that.

• Upvote 1