You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Nutella Chocolate Waffle cakeec732104e12829613d4d9c91ff4cbbf7.jpg

That looks fucking amazing.

Piss off the strawberries and whatever the multicolored stuff on top is, gimme cold milk and I would destroy that quick smart.

Might need a lie down afterwards but fuck me I'd give it a go.

Looks decadent. Yes please.

That looks fucking amazing.

Piss off the strawberries and whatever the multicolored stuff on top is, gimme cold milk and I would destroy that quick smart.

Might need a lie down afterwards but fuck me I'd give it a go.

Looks decadent. Yes please.

Cheers...I think.

The strawberries are necessary in my opinion, I'd be too heavy and rich otherwise. Maybe next time I could add some cream or something instead. As for the multicoloured things are like smarties but smaller.

The strawberries are integral to that -- might as well just squirt chocolate sauce into your mouth otherwise.

Steady. Chocolate sauce, Nutella ain't.

Nigh on commiting sacrilege there.

But fair enough about the strawberries providing tartness.

I can come around to that.

And it adds a lovely color contrast, not to mention the presentation.

All in all looks lovely Rem.

Steady. Chocolate sauce, Nutella ain't.

Nigh on commiting sacrilege there.

But fair enough about the strawberries providing tartness.

I can come around to that.

And it adds a lovely color contrast, not to mention the presentation.

All in all looks lovely Rem.

Cheers mate, can see what you are getting at as seldom do fruit and chocolate make good bedfellows, but I think strawberries definitely work. Will experiment a bit next time, perhaps with Marshmallow fluff or a light vanilla creme. Meringues might work as well

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs G has been making healthy breakfasts for the family to try to get us all fueled up for the day. She has been making these little mini omelets that you bake in the oven, and loading them up with kale, spinach, ham, delicious veggies. Another day it was oatmeal, and she had some local honey, blueberries and flax seeds and other stuff that a working class lad like me didn’t know, but I ate it anyway.

Dropped about 8-10 pounds since the New Year, not really from trying to, but just eating a bit healthier.

• Upvote 2

Mrs G has been making healthy breakfasts for the family to try to get us all fueled up for the day. She has been making these little mini omelets that you bake in the oven, and loading them up with kale, spinach, ham, delicious veggies. Another day it was oatmeal, and she had some local honey, blueberries and flax seeds and other stuff that a working class lad like me didn’t know, but I ate it anyway.

Dropped about 8-10 pounds since the New Year, not really from trying to, but just eating a bit healthier.

I had to read this three times before I realised she wasn't putting blueberries in your omelette

Homemade kebab. 0b37c533fb234f4ac5d37f4991d243f5.jpg

Well, that looks a million times better than the kebab I was persuaded to get on my dear friend's recommendation last night. Let's say her idea of 'gorgeous' is set a little lower then mine.

I have to say, good things rarely come in polystyrene packages

Well, that looks a million times better than the kebab I was persuaded to get on my dear friend's recommendation last night. Let's say her idea of 'gorgeous' is set a little lower then mine.

The wife is doing slimming world so it was very healthy too.

The chicken was marinated in zero fat yoghurt, garlic, lemon, coriander and parsley and then dry fried.

Tomato, onion, coriander and lime salsa.

Carrot, white and red cabbage in white wine vinegar.

Zero fat yogurt with garlic and lemon.

The wife is doing slimming world so it was very healthy too.

The chicken was marinated in zero fat yoghurt, garlic, lemon, coriander and parsley and then dry fried.

Tomato, onion, coriander and lime salsa.

Carrot, white and red cabbage in white wine vinegar.

Zero fat yogurt with garlic and lemon.

Have you sliced the carrot and cabbage by hand or machine? I was trying to replicate Wahaca's coleslaw but my food processor wasn't up to the fine slice required

Have you sliced the carrot and cabbage by hand or machine? I was trying to replicate Wahaca's coleslaw but my food processor wasn't up to the fine slice required

Started with my mandolin but lost a large chunk of my finger nail.

So did all the cabbage by hand/knife, but then I don’t mind taking my time and enjoy doing it.

How much had you drunk beforehand?

Kebabs like that are the food of the Gods when you're blootered, otherwise - not so much.

How much had you drunk beforehand?

Kebabs like that are the food of the Gods when you're blootered, otherwise - not so much.

Nothing, sadly. We were at work and needed something for our tea and she recommended them. To be fair the meat was all right but the 'salad' was pathetic. 3 slices of pickled red cabbage and maybe 4 slices of iceberg lettuce. Shite.

We've been relocated to the back of the station and you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find something decent to eat around there in the evenings

On a lateral note, while my boy's been off work he's been doing this meat free Monday malarkey and has made some amazing stuff, including these kidney burger/falafels which he served with toasted pitta and salad.

Edit. All this talk of kebabs is making me think it might be a very good tea for tonight, if you catch my drift

Nothing, sadly. We were at work and needed something for our tea and she recommended them. To be fair the meat was all right but the 'salad' was pathetic. 3 slices of pickled red cabbage and maybe 4 slices of iceberg lettuce. Shite.

We've been relocated to the back of the station and you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find something decent to eat around there in the evenings

Did you get it from the place at the top of Fleshmarket Close?

Get a chicken Shawarma instead, from there.

Or a baked tattie from the top of Cockburn St.

• Upvote 1