You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

15 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Holiday paella with Rose. Basically we are expropriating Spanish peasent food in our English middle class holiday cottage. It’s tasty though.

P.s Apologies for not capturing something entirely unrelated in the periphery of the photograph. 

6405B5F6-0ABC-451B-BB53-D810ED10A848.jpeg

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

IMG_20220817_111033.jpg

Hahahahahahaha  

Kurtz that paella does look superb. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if CD had Jam underneath them eggs 

On 16/08/2022 at 20:53, Captain Willard said:

Holiday paella with Rose. Basically we are expropriating Spanish peasent food in our English middle class holiday cottage. It’s tasty though.

P.s Apologies for not capturing something entirely unrelated in the periphery of the photograph. 

6405B5F6-0ABC-451B-BB53-D810ED10A848.jpeg

A tidy effort that. A little too much herbage, but I actually prefer a seafood paella to the original version which has snails, chicken and rabbit in it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

I'm not sure about this or what it is but it looks like you've put brown sauce on the bread cum toast first which isn't right

I could eat it right now though. 

3 slices of brown toast with butter, 3 fried eggs covered in 3 tangy cheeses then whacked under the grill and lashed with Tabasco.

It tasted fab, even if I do say so myself mate.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

3 slices of brown toast with butter, 3 fried eggs covered in 3 tangy cheeses then whacked under the grill and lashed with Tabasco.

It tasted fab, even if I do say so myself mate.

I do like cheese on toast with a fried egg, preferably poached but my attempts at poaching an egg end in failure. 

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

I do like cheese on toast with a fried egg, preferably poached but my attempts at poaching an egg end in failure

Line a small bowl or egg cup with cling film, crack the egg into it, and then enclose it in the cling film by tying the ends into a knot before dropping it into boiling water. Pretty much foolproof and the results are consistent.

• Upvote 1