Champ

The Foodie thread

Made a vegetarian pasta bake a couple of days ago. Tomato, peas, broccoli, green beans, garlic, cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce.

Just reheated a small bowl. Fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Made a vegetarian pasta bake a couple of days ago. Tomato, peas, broccoli, green beans, garlic, cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce.

Just reheated a small bowl. Fantastic.

Pics or GTFO.

Fish taco from last night (before and after).

Fish is Orange Roughy from NZ. Haven't seen it on these shores for 25 years ! It was fished to almost extinction, but it was such a great mild flavourful fish. Worked well deep fried in tacos.

Made a coleslaw with pickled jalapenos, pickled onions and cilantro. Deep fried some onion rings and leek rings, which I like more.

We do have a local mexican market that makes fresh tortillas, but they were closed due to floods, so bought some large chili lime tortillas instead.

There was also some bottled spicy cilantro lime sauce for the tacos.

Disfrutar !

gUVTYrb.jpg

0Z6ccl9.jpg

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, neko said:

Fish is Orange Roughy from NZ. Haven't seen it on these shores for 25 years ! It was fished to almost extinction, but it was such a great mild flavourful fish. Worked well deep fried in tacos.

Made a coleslaw with pickled jalapenos, pickled onions and cilantro. Deep fried some onion rings and leek rings, which I like more.

We do have a local mexican market that makes fresh tortillas, but they were closed due to floods, so bought some large chili lime tortillas instead.

Disfrutar !

gUVTYrb.jpg

0Z6ccl9.jpg

Leek rings.

Nods in approval

Sorry, but you only get the 'before' pic today. I forgot to turn off the camera after this photo, and when I went to take the 'after' pic, the battery had died.

I don't own a smartphone.

Two beautiful local New York strips steaks fresh from our friend's cow (we buy a 1/4 of one every year at this time). Nothing but salt and pepper and a bit of oil, but then decided to throw a nice chunk of Shropshire Blue cheese on it.

Creamy garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, and a nice arugula (rocket) salad with homemade vinaigrette.

MSyj5Lv.jpg

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, neko said:

Sorry, but you only get the 'before' pic today. I forgot to turn off the camera after this photo, and when I went to take the 'after' pic, the battery had died.

I don't own a smartphone.

Two beautiful local New York strips steaks fresh from our friend's cow (we buy a 1/4 of one every year at this time). Nothing but salt and pepper and a bit of oil, but then decided to throw a nice chunk of Shropshire Blue cheese on it.

Creamy garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, and a nice arugula (rocket) salad with homemade vinaigrette.

MSyj5Lv.jpg

Looks very uncooked.

On 25/11/2021 at 20:58, neko said:

Disfrutar !

gUVTYrb.jpg

0Z6ccl9.jpg

Vertical seafood taco 

On 13/11/2021 at 14:05, Carvalho Diablo said:

Haha fuck off, I'm on iron tablets for a deficiency in that and the doc told me to up my red meat intake and to drink Guinness because of a B12 deficiency.

A completely well rounded and healthy meal.

I'm on the look out for a new doctor and yours sounds right up my street.  Where does he stand on Haribo for breakfast?

30 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

I'm on the look out for a new doctor and yours sounds right up my street.  Where does he stand on Haribo for breakfast?

He's never said he's against it.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

You got a haribo advent calendar too??

• Upvote 1

Went to Australasia in Manchester last night. If any of you are around the centre centre I really couldn’t recommend it highly enough. Stuffed. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Went to Australasia in Manchester last night. If any of you are around the centre centre I really couldn’t recommend it highly enough. Stuffed. 

Do they sell Kangaroo?

On 26/11/2021 at 10:11, TheHowieLama said:

Leek rings.

Nods in approval

On 26/11/2021 at 15:55, neko said:

cat

Last night was a gamechanger man.

Behold deep fried leek towers. Even more leeky goodness per bite!!

PXL_20211126_225442751.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I'm forever making homemade burgers with wedges. Decide to try hassleback potatoes with a cajun seasoning for the 1st time and was a resounding success. 

FB_IMG_1638647119636.jpg

My oldest boy loves hasselback potatoes. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stouffer said:

My oldest boy loves hasselback potatoes. 

That's the hardest thing about cooking, getting kids to like it. No matter how well I present something they always pick at something. But not tonight, tonight I can sleep smiling.

• Upvote 3