You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

She went for a walk in Norris Green Park with her mum the other day (I know it's Norris Green but the park is gorgeous and properly looked after) and came back with a bag full of blackberries she picked. We had apples in so she got some short-crust pastry and I made vegan apple & blackberry pies for us. Whisked some soy milk, lemonade, vegan butter, caster sugar and flour into a sort of custard. Chopped the apples and put them in with the blackberries and cooked for about 10 minutes. Then spooned out and pastry over, 15 minutes in the oven. Absolutely spectacular. Thats her one, yes I did attempt to write I love you on it because it's nice to be nice sometimes. 

93B9774B-2053-4F78-A5E4-C137AF06217C.jpeg

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She went for a walk in Norris Green Park with her mum the other day (I know it's Norris Green but the park is gorgeous and properly looked after) and came back with a bag full of blackberries she picked. We had apples in so she got some short-crust pastry and I made vegan apple & blackberry pies for us. Whisked some soy milk, lemonade, vegan butter, caster sugar and flour into a sort of custard. Chopped the apples and put them in with the blackberries and cooked for about 10 minutes. Then spooned out and pastry over, 15 minutes in the oven. Absolutely spectacular. Thats her one, yes I did attempt to write I love you on it because it's nice to be nice sometimes. 

93B9774B-2053-4F78-A5E4-C137AF06217C.jpeg

You definitely fucked it didn't you. Cock hole at the top and your balls have made that circle underneath. You dirty bastard.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just had one of Sainsbury's smoked haddock en croute with cheddar cheese and spinach sauce. A side of home made veggie soup to offset the richness, and I'm in heaven.

Goes straight into my top ten lunches of all time.

Can’t believe alphabetti spaghetti on toast has finally been nudged from the Hall of Fame. End of an era.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a couple eggplants (aubergine) and some ground beef lying around, so made Moussaka last night.

Turned out really good, but the logistics were a bit overwhelming.

Traditional Greek Moussaka recipe (Moussaka with Béchamel) - My Greek Dish

Harder than making lasagna, and I've only done that once as well.

edit: added potato to the base as recommended, and some zucchini (courgette) to the top layer with the eggplant

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, neko said:

Had a couple eggplants (aubergine) and some ground beef lying around, so made Moussaka last night.

Turned out really good, but the logistics were a bit overwhelming.

Traditional Greek Moussaka recipe (Moussaka with Béchamel) - My Greek Dish

Harder than making lasagna, and I've only done that once as well.

edit: added potato to the base as recommended, and some zucchini (courgette) to the top layer with the eggplant

Repped for translating American into English but you should have just used the proper words in the first place

On 07/09/2021 at 09:02, Strontium Dog™ said:

Aren't a lot of these foreign foods just like our foods, but with fancy names? That coxinha is just a glorified croquette.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Repped for translating American into English but you should have just used the proper words in the first place

Are all the proper words French?

• 2 weeks later...