You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

6 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

Home made sausage rolls

2tb9thqa.jpg

These look decent, but I'm afraid that third one wouldn't qualify for the East German women's Olympic team, because of a distinct lack of sausage.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

I used the pizza oven for the first time, and they were lovely. Plenty of room for improvement though when I get the temperature perfected and when all the wanker covid preppers haven't hoovered up all the god damn yeast. Wankers.

horyg5ce.jpg

o4r7ffx7.jpg

ab3dyxiu.jpg

Needs proving longer and stretching better. Too thick as well IMO. 

Top and bottom one look nice though. Cant beat a pizza oven. 

The middle one can get fucking shot into orbit. Sweetcorn on a pizza is unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The middle one can get fucking shot into orbit. Sweetcorn on a pizza is unacceptable. 

Yea agree with that. Definitely too thick as inside was too doughy as well.

Middle one was the kids pizza. I showed them your comment and they just expelled some air from their nostrils and said "never even heard of the cunt".

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Middle one was the kids pizza. I showed them your comment and they just expelled some air from their nostrils and said "never even heard of the cunt".

Haha! Never heard of the cunts 

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

I used the pizza oven for the first time, and they were lovely. Plenty of room for improvement though when I get the temperature perfected and when all the wanker covid preppers haven't hoovered up all the god damn yeast. Wankers.

horyg5ce.jpg

o4r7ffx7.jpg

ab3dyxiu.jpg

You cannot beat a pizza oven pizza.

They look good although my taste is for something much thinner.

Here’s my son’s recommended pizza dough recipe. And if you have any left over it makes fabulous dough balls 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pizzadoughbase_70980/amp

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Is this the Ooni Koda oven?

9 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Yea, although my first attempt in shite conditions so I'm confident the examples will get better.

Where/what is the heat source ( I know it is gas driven but is there a direct source once it is on) - is it in one corner or underneath or what?

It is between this thingie or making a concrete one in the back. This seems alot easier.

2 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

horyg5ce.jpg

o4r7ffx7.jpg

ab3dyxiu.jpg

Most supermarkets that have a bakery will give you fresh yeast for free if you ask someone who works in it.

I've also bought fresh yeast directly from bakerys if you have one local

On 03/05/2020 at 15:29, Rushies tash said:

My 10 year old has taken a massive interest in cooking during lockdown. He's obsessed with making pasta from scratch at the moment, so today we made cheese and chorizo ravioli - his own recipe. I was expecting to taste it and nod politely but it was actually really fucking good! Presentation not a strong point though.

49849810268_0aa2999606_k.jpg

I’d say he’s got his presentation spot on serving his pasta on a clean white plate.

Marks dropped for the upside down fork 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Where/what is the heat source ( I know it is gas driven but is there a direct source once it is on) - is it in one corner or underneath or what?

It is between this thingie or making a concrete one in the back. This seems alot easier.

It's a gas burner at the back, so the heat comes from the stone base and the back, so you have to turn it a couple of times. Really easy though. The koda 16 has the burner extend up the sides too. If I use this one loads I'll upgrade to the 16 next summer. 

The pictures don't always give the best indication with pizza but I reckon you need a little bit more water in your dough, when you are making it, it feels like too much but when it's proved and puffed up you will see the improvement.

They look the business for a first effort though, bet they tasted great

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Home made crispy shredded honey chilli chicken

xm6k2ret.jpg

inbtotzs.jpg

Excuse the shite crockery.

This is the only Chinese/Indian dish that I can make that is better than my favourite take out's version. Fucking beautiful.

If I could master a jalfrezi or korma I'd never need to get take out again.

That looks outstanding. Do you have a recipe for that mate?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That looks outstanding. Do you have a recipe for that mate?

50 minutes ago, Champ said:

Ditto

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/545026/recipe/crispy-honey-chilli-chicken

Top tip: double up on the sauce ingredients as this recipe doesn't make enough IMO.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You’ll be saying beans don’t go on a fry up next!

2 hours ago, Simbo said:

You’ll be saying beans don’t go on a fry up next!

My mum used to get use Heinz beans pizzas when we were little.

Fuck know what we did to deserve that. I mean, I like beans in general, but saying to someone "we're having pizza" and then putting down frozen pizza base with fuck all except beans on it is like saying "we're having fillet steak" and putting down a slab of meat harvested from roadkill.

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

Home made crispy shredded honey chilli chicken

xm6k2ret.jpg

inbtotzs.jpg

Excuse the shite crockery.

This is the only Chinese/Indian dish that I can make that is better than my favourite take out's version. Fucking beautiful.

If I could master a jalfrezi or korma I'd never need to get take out again.

Looks ace mate. Lamb Korma is pretty easy to do mate as is a Chicken Jalfrezi. I followed the Hairy Bikers version last time I made a Jalfrezi and it tasted pretty darn good. I removed the Chilli seeds though, I prefer my curries to be mild and don't particularly like very spicy food. 

https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chicken-jalfrezi

The Hairy Bikers site is ace for picking up good recipes made real easy to follow. 

20 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Looks ace mate. Lamb Korma is pretty easy to do mate as is a Chicken Jalfrezi. I followed the Hairy Bikers version last time I made a Jalfrezi and it tasted pretty darn good. I removed the Chilli seeds though, I prefer my curries to be mild and don't particularly like very spicy food. 

https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chicken-jalfrezi

The Hairy Bikers site is ace for picking up good recipes made real easy to follow. 

Nice one, thanks. I made a really nice korma before, once, but it still wasn't at the level of my favourite Indian. I need to get me some ghee.

I've made a jalfrezzi once and it was turd.