Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 124 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Champ said:

I’ll raise you my latest new recipe

 

Blueberry and Lemon Cake

A44465A3-494C-494C-95CA-978728962CF2.jpeg

Looks nice but I hate lemon, use an alternative ingredient next time if you want some rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is much more complicated than that.

Just 500g of each ingredient mate, then straight under the grill.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ said:

You had me til ‘mushrooms’, Pidge. Can’t do ‘slippy’ mushrooms 

 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

 

Leave out the mushrooms and that sounds ace! 

Not usually a big fan of mushrooms either, but fancied giving it a try.  Cut them up pretty finely to avoid big chunks.  Can't help but feel they really added to the overall flavour of it all. Haven't stopped to make a big dish meal in a while, really pleased I did.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

 

Not usually a big fan of mushrooms either, but fancied giving it a try.  Cut them up pretty finely to avoid big chunks.  Can't help but feel they really added to the overall flavour of it all. Haven't stopped to make a big dish meal in a while, really pleased I did.

 

I just don’t see what they add to a dish - for me u less you’re paying big money for

mushrooms they taste of virtually nothing. 

 

If cooking for a big group I’ll use them but keep them big enough to be easily identifiable and then just leave them on my plate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

They look ace and your glass looks pissed.

 To be fair the glass started drinking 11 o’clock this morning watching rugby and peeling veg.  
 

Couldn’t be like it myself like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2019 at 17:23, Champ said:

I’ll raise you my latest new recipe

 

Blueberry and Lemon Cake

A44465A3-494C-494C-95CA-978728962CF2.jpeg

It tastes even better than it looks...and could easily be made without the blueberries if you wanted, Tony

On 04/10/2019 at 18:34, Tony Moanero said:

Looks sensational, Champ, even though I don’t like blueberries.

 

Is that glacé icing?

I think so. A runny paste of icing sugar and lemon juice 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Ploughman’s I had Saturday, was missing pork pie and the pickle was straight out the jar but everything else was excellent. 
 

 

C9C61FAB-48F1-4E03-A60B-6716FD47B70F.jpeg

I’d eat that, mate. Pickle straight out the jar isn’t a problem, Branston is lovely. What is the other one? Some kind of chutney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d eat that, mate. Pickle straight out the jar isn’t a problem, Branston is lovely. What is the other one? Some kind of chutney?


The other glass ramekin was beetroot. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×