Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 123 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

11 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The only good thing is that it looks like a paper plate enabling you to bin the entire mess rather than having to scrape it off the plate

Any plate that has touched that is already dead, lose the table as well just to be sure

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve found that Aldi’s meat starts going bad before the use by date. Especially the mince. 

I agree. I’ve found the veg goes very quickly.

They’ll use the same farmers as the higher end stores, but they’ll get last pick of what they get.

It’ll go something like...

M&S / Waitrose

Sainsburys

Tesco

Morrisons 

ASDA

Aldi / Lidl

Hence why the shelf life of stuff is always shorter and the food cheaper. 

Morrison's fruit and veg is a real mixed bag. Sometimes it's very good, others the stuff is actually rotting on the shelves. They're also buggers for selling meat with only a day or two before the use by date, I'm sure it's deliberately designed to catch out Saturday morning shoppers with hangovers like me.

14 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen on the internet.

Shepherd’s Pie

19D85E9A-F274-4D1E-B2D4-70D070F9389B.jpeg

Not the best looking plate, but I have seen stuff like that being served at a homeless shelter so I won't criticize. For some people, that is the only hot meal they'll get all week.

• Downvote 1

Col should open a restaurant. Preferably near a fire station like but the stuff he’s posting in here looks sensational. 

Met the cold snap with a beef stew, right in the face. Local beef, ale, carrots, parsnips, mushrooms of UK origin, mustard and blue cheese. Slow cooked.

Utterly delicious.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Met the cold snap with a beef stew, right in the face. Local beef, ale, carrots, parsnips, mushrooms of UK origin, mustard and blue cheese. Slow cooked.

Utterly delicious.

You had me til ‘mushrooms’, Pidge. Can’t do ‘slippy’ mushrooms 

1 hour ago, Champ said:

I’ll raise you my latest new recipe

Blueberry and Lemon Cake

A44465A3-494C-494C-95CA-978728962CF2.jpeg

Looks sensational, Champ, even though I don’t like blueberries.

Is that glacé icing?

51 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Utterly delicious.

Love winter stews (I know it is still Autumn). I'd have stuck potatoes in it, but that's just my style. Blue Cheese in a stew adds so much flavour and works really well. 

I’m not a fussy eater and dislike only a handful of foods. However, the last couple of posts in this thread contain two of them - blueberries and blue cheese.

Things I won’t eat: 

Bananas (although I don’t mind banana flavoured things, such as milkshake and toffees)

Blue Cheese (love all other cheeses)

Blueberries

Baked beans

Bourbons

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not a fussy eater and dislike only a handful of foods. However, the last couple of posts in this thread contain two of them - blueberries and blue cheese.

Things I won’t eat: 

Bananas (although I don’t mind banana flavoured things, such as milkshake and toffees)

Blueberries

Baked beans

Bourbons

I'm less fussy than you

Things I won't eat.

Beetroot (although if it is in a Russian Borscht and you basically can't see it then I will) 

Prunes. Fucking devils nads

Jellied Eels...fuck right off. 

Having said that, this is just from the diets we are used to. I'm sure there are shit loads of stuff Worldwide that I wouldn't like/entertain. 

19 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm less fussy than you

Things I won't eat.

Beetroot (although if it is in a Russian Borscht and you basically can't see it then I will) 

Prunes. Fucking devils nads

Jellied Eels...fuck right off. 

Having said that, this is just from the diets we are used to. I'm sure there are shit loads of stuff Worldwide that I wouldn't like/entertain. 

True. I love beetroot. Not had them in years, but I quite like prunes and custard. Tried jellied eels once or twice and thought they were ok. Just thought of something else that I cant stand - korma. It’s a dessert, not curry!

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

True. I love beetroot. Not had them in years, but I quite like prunes and custard. Tried jellied eels once or twice and thought they were ok. Just thought of something else that I cant stand - korma. It’s a dessert, not curry!

I knew I shouldn't have entered this thread. I've just knocked up some apple turnovers and shoved them in the oven, got some nice cherry ice cream to go with them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Utterly delicious.

Leave out the mushrooms and that sounds ace! 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Things I won’t eat: 

Blueberries

Baked beans

Bourbons

Mushrooms

Eggs &

Coffee. 

There are other things I’d happily leave but could still eat. But can’t stand those. 

EDIT: Raisins and sultanas can duck off too. 

• Upvote 1