Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 121 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

On 07/08/2019 at 20:18, Elite said:

Doing keto so got these from M&S...

Not sure a pizza with a sausage base is a good idea but beggars can't be choosers.

IMG_20190807_101019.jpg

Are these shite?

Used one of those old Gousto menu cards I had knocking round to make Goan fish curry with coriander rice.

Amazing.

I did however make it while watching the second half of Norwich against City on my phone, and as about 99% of my focus was on the latter was somewhat absent-minded.

Completely forgot I’d cut up a fuck load of hot chillies to put in it, on a board I kept touching when cutting other stuff up, with a knife I used to cut up plenty of cheese I kept picking at as I cooked, and latterly entirely underestimated how thoroughly I needed to wash my hands before touching my nose, eyes, forehead, eyebrows, etc.

6577C504-35D3-49E1-B4B2-DB3AD5C48662.jpeg

20 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Thank fuck I didn’t need a piss before I realised.

Thank fuck you didn't have the urge to bash one out 

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

3D5BF6A6-3ED7-46FD-B1DC-6562EA9E950D.jpeg

Is this before you doused it in unleaded and opened up on it with a flamethrower? 

Shall we have a "shit food we like" confessional?

For me it's cheap jam. The cheaper and more laden with sugar the better. I usually buy Aldi or Lidl bottom of the range strawberry jam for about 39p a jar. I fucking love it. 2% actual fruit? Get on my hot buttered toast. 

• Upvote 1

I forgot how awful it is to cook in a different kitchen to your own. All the knives were blunt, the chopping board was the size of a tenner, only 2 small electric hobs that meant I couldn't use a large saucepan and frying pan at the same time and kept on inexplicably turning itself off, no spatula, plastic handled knives and forks, cooked some diced up butternut squash with butter in a frying pan on full whack for half a fucking hour and it was still not cooked, the corkscrew bent easily and therefore just chewed up the cork rather than remove it, I had no spices to hand. It goes on. I was fully sulking about it, this was just 1 meal I was making and I was ready to dismember kittens by the end of it. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

I forgot how awful it is to cook in a different kitchen to your own. All the knives were blunt, the chopping board was the size of a tenner, only 2 small electric hobs that meant I couldn't use a large saucepan and frying pan at the same time and kept on inexplicably turning itself off, no spatula, plastic handled knives and forks, cooked some diced up butternut squash with butter in a frying pan on full whack for half a fucking hour and it was still not cooked, the corkscrew bent easily and therefore just chewed up the cork rather than remove it, I had no spices to hand. It goes on. I was fully sulking about it, this was just 1 meal I was making and I was ready to dismember kittens by the end of it. 

House-sitting at a mate’s at the minute and been having just this issue.

He doesn’t know it yet but our 20 year friendship is fucking dead to me.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Did they have a glass big enough for your whine?