Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 119 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

On 05/05/2019 at 14:18, arthur friedenreich said:

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

anyone done their own sausages?

first carry on gif gets negged.

Try to get real casings - thin are lamb, thick pig. Try asking a decent butcher. The synthetic (collagen) ones are pricks to use. Lots of stuff on YouTube these days. Pork or lamb shoulder is cheap to use, don't skimp on the fat content. Salami is OK at this time of year in Aus, needs to hang in a cool dry atmosphere.

• Upvote 1

I had Beef Wellington for the first time ever yesterday. Fuck me... it was absolutely next level. Never really appealed to me because on paper medium rare beef wrapped inside pastry, just doesn’t seem right. Boy was I wrong on every level.

Venue: The Hemingway, Hackney

Price: £39 for 2, so I paid £19.50

Verdict: Incredible

92C78D8A-B65D-4F08-92EB-26124E9ACF33.jpeg

On 19/05/2019 at 19:11, Bruce Spanner said:

Went to the best restaurant in the UK last Tuesday, Endo at the Rotunda.

£250 a head and I would have happily paid double!

So fucking good!

You’ll be on a list now. 

Just returned from the states and can confirm that the Red Lobster is absolutely fucking shit. Overpriced yet massive and mediocre portions of seafood fare that look and sound way better on the menu than in reality. You get better and cheaper fare at buffet joints like Sweet Tomatoes and Golden Corral.

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just returned from the states and can confirm that the Red Lobster is absolutely fucking shit. Overpriced yet massive and mediocre portions of seafood fare that look and sound way better on the menu than in reality. You get better and cheaper fare at buffet joints like Sweet Tomatoes and Golden Corral.

That view from the hotel was nice though. 

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

America summed up

Anyone onto one of these air fryers?

Got for my birthday and as sad as it sounds, it works really well and is a hell of a lot easier than doing the oil thing.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Got for my birthday and as sad as it sounds, it works really well and is a hell of a lot easier than doing the oil thing.

My sister got one and was raving about it. I went round her house and she cooked me some frozen french fries in it. They were shit but it would be harsh to blame the air fryer. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Have you tried falafels yet?  If it does a decent job of them I might get one.

9 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Have you tried falafels yet?  If it does a decent job of them I might get one.

Will give them a shot -- just had it from the weekend but

Onion rings = brilliant

Chicken wings = pretty good

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Will give them a shot -- just had it from the weekend but

Onion rings = brilliant

Chicken wings = pretty good

Were the onion rings in batter or breadcrumbs?

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Were the onion rings in batter or breadcrumbs?

Breadcrumbs.

Have also done frozen fries that are pretty good.

It is not made for dipped stuff really.

• Upvote 1

Just had a wrap with slow cooked lime and paprika pulled beef brisket, pickled red onion, pineapple and avocado salsa, rice, lime yoghurt and hot sauce.

My tastebuds are currently doing things to one another on a sex trapeze which would make onlookers cry.

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just had a wrap with slow cooked lime and paprika pulled beef brisket, pickled red onion, pineapple and avocado salsa, rice, lime yoghurt and hot sauce.

My tastebuds are currently doing things to one another on a sex trapeze which would make onlookers cry.

That sounds banging.