Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 116 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

That's some quality beef cooking Col'.

However when your house is consumed the inevitable fireball as the result of deep frying bulls testicles I'm calling dibs on your George Foreman mean lean grilling machine and Hinari dishwasher.

• Upvote 1

Don't know why but I've never been a big fan of Osso Bucco, nor lamb shanks for that matter.

Given the fact I eat enough meat to have nurtured a prostate the size of a mutant coconut.

49 minutes ago, skaro said:

Don't know why but I've never been a big fan of Osso Bucco, nor lamb shanks for that matter.

Given the fact I eat enough meat to have nurtured a prostate the size of a mutant coconut.

Lived on lamb shanks and boiling chickens when I was at uni. These days, courtesy of celebrity chefs and the cunts on Masterchef they are more expensive than fucking leg of lamb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Lived on lamb shanks and boiling chickens when I was at uni. These days, courtesy of celebrity chefs and the cunts on Masterchef they are more expensive than fucking leg of lamb.

I think that's what annoys me about shanks in particular.

Often one of the most expensive items on a pub/bistro menu... for something that's maybe 75% bone... feels like two-thirds of the price is paying for the mashed potato.

• Upvote 1

I signed up to simply cook but forgot about Pauline's promo code (sorry bro). I do like it so far, trying loads of new food, this was Chilli Paneer Kebabs with sweet Potato wedges:

IMG_20190402_202317.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spring said:

Did you think the piece of leftover wood from a DIY project would make it look better? Or did you run out of plates?

Remmie just likes us all to know when he's got wood.

Just had some Genoa salami, spicy pepperoni, and Black Forest ham on a hearty Italian bread sandwich. Added some cheese (toasted), lettuce, onions, jalapeños and green peppers. Finished off with a splash of honey mustard. 

Piece of piss, it was. Took hardly any time at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just had some Genoa salami, spicy pepperoni, and Black Forest ham on a hearty Italian bread sandwich. Added some cheese (toasted), lettuce, onions, jalapeños and green peppers. Finished off with a splash of honey mustard. 

Industrious Cambridge.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Top work here -- may have to Stu Monty so I can rep

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And did you go 6-inch or foot-long?

• Like 1

On 05/04/2019 at 12:56, Captain Turdseye said:

A bread sandwich you say? What sorcery is this? 

Was talked into upgrading my fries to be one of those "smothered" efforts today. Never regretted a food decision more. The pictures you see online of topped chips makes it seem delicious and exciting. 

In reality it was sickly, soggy shite for an extra quarter of a tenner. Absolutely horrible and ruined what would've been nice crispy chips. It was inferior to just having a pot of sauce on the side for dipping. 

I regret I was weak enough to let this sexy waitress convince me to upgrade when deep down I think I knew I wouldn't enjoy it. Gutted. 

• Upvote 1

We need to get to the next page so I can stop seeing Lifey's daughter's disappointment in that all she got fed was a couple of slices of meat and yorkies with no gravy before being shoved outside.

It's like a scene from Oliver only she's asked not for her grub not to be scorched.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spring said:

We need to get to the next page so I can stop seeing Lifey's daughter's disappointment in that all she got fed was a couple of slices of meat and yorkies with no gravy before being shoved outside.

It's like a scene from Oliver only she's asked not for her grub not to be scorched.

Niece. 

And we had the full works.