Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 111 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Champ

The Foodie thread

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

No, not yet.

This one looks promising but it’s not available until the 22nd of December, which is odd.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/belgian-chocolate-yule-log/p/012074258376900

"A decadent Belgian chocolate Yule log, lovingly hand rolled and filled with a delicious cream, hand finished with lashings of Belgian chocolate ganache, milk chocolate shavings and gold coloured dusting."

Fnar.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

No, not yet.

This one looks promising but it’s not available until the 22nd of December, which is odd.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/belgian-chocolate-yule-log/p/012074258376900

I’m not a great fan but I always get one for my kids who prefer it to Christmas cake so was interested to hear what you’d come up with.

I usually buy a Sainsbury’s one. Their sponge type cakes are definitely better than M&S

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, Champ said:

I’m not a great fan but I always get one for my kids who prefer it to Christmas cake so was interested to hear what you’d come up with.

I usually buy a Sainsbury’s one. Their sponge type cakes are definitely better than M&S

Ended up getting the Belgian chocolate one from Aldi. Was lovely.

A6BEFFF2-AF2D-47CF-BF3C-A600A3CE874D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Was watching Anthony Bourdain and he was in Hawaii. Apparently they have a thing called Mushubu.

They are all mad on it. Spam Sushi.

image.png

There are allsorts of different recipes. I love Spam and I love rice will defo be giving this a go.

18 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Made my own naan bread this afternoon, came out a bit too big. 

92E07A61-E8A8-4652-BD97-A18A0354EAB3.jpeg

Impressed 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Treated myself to a whole beef fillet. 

AE981B7A-97BB-4F85-8F90-8A9DCB0D121E.jpeg

Spent the morning trimming it up and breaking it down for;

Beef Wellington,
Roast joint,
Steaks &
Giant sausage for breakfast this weekend. 

Also have loads of trimmings left over for a massive stir fry and beef consommé.

8A948A95-37B1-4F44-ADF0-B847A2DA402B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, Dr Nowt said:

Had a poke bowl this week, absolutely teeming with wasabi, ginger, chili and garlic such that I was like a dog eating hot chips for the duration.

New favourite grub and then some. Tremendous.

How “So Cal” of you.

• Upvote 1