You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Well it looks tasty but I’m struggling with the stripey plate on a dotty tray 

It's a bit disconcerting - almost like the meal is emerging from the Time Tunnel, or the hero in the Ipcress File is being branwashed by a revolving psychedelic plate spun by commie bastards. Yorkshire Red is clearly very disturbed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Back to basics today. Chilli in the slow cooker as I’ve a few errands to run around evening scran time. I’d normally add some yellow peppers to make it more colourful but the wife doesn’t like them so it is what it is. 

Not really the weather for it but it’s one of my favourites so bollocks to it. 

I’m either having it with; chips, baked potato, crusty bread, rice, or peas. To be confirmed.

2FC8E659-51BB-4F7B-9914-A29E7906964C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 01/08/2022 at 15:25, YorkshireRed said:

Back to basics today. Chilli in the slow cooker as I’ve a few errands to run around evening scran time. I’d normally add some yellow peppers to make it more colourful but the wife doesn’t like them so it is what it is. 

Not really the weather for it but it’s one of my favourites so bollocks to it. 

I’m either having it with; chips, baked potato, crusty bread, rice, or peas. To be confirmed.

2FC8E659-51BB-4F7B-9914-A29E7906964C.jpeg

Looks like the inside of my toilet, for the majority of last weekend

• Upvote 1

Huckleberrys in Yorkshire. Can't recommend this place enough, encapsulates the feel of the American diner better than any similar type place I've been.

Country music, Stand By Me movie posters on the wall, etc. Just great.

The food was lovely and massive portions. They do food challenges as well, a few people in there were attempting them but stood no fucking chance.

PXL_20220806_175032879.jpg

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Had this beauty the other day...

'Dirty Burger' - 8oz Burger with Pulled Pork (lots of it) Jalapenos and Jack Daniels Sauce, a fucking bomb load of cheese...a good solid mayo base, plenty of salad.

Very nice.

IMG-20220805-WA0050.jpg

My kind of food, my kind of place. I especially like the way they’ve kicked everyone else out so you can enjoy your scran in peace. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s a bit ‘eat what’s in at the moment’. I can’t be arsed with the shops, too depressing. 

Chicken breast, mushrooms, smoked bacon, cheese, various beans and pulses. Boiled potatoes and peas. 

Not bad.

79D1135D-340C-4D3D-9B6E-7D6F3ED55BBB.jpeg

That could easily have been bucketed up and swooshed together. Bet it tasted great.

Lovely looking plate of food. Top marks for the MacGoohan plate no6.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

IMG_20220807_204112.jpg

Oh my. You’re eating chips with a spoon. Im struggling to reconcile this with the fancy plates and date night cuisine. Maybe they let you out on parole for a few days and you have been recalled for breaching your licence conditions. That would explain a lot. Anyway I’d eat it albeit with a fork but that’s becuase I’m married to a Tory. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Oh my. You’re eating chips with a spoon. Im struggling to reconcile this with the fancy plates and date night cuisine. Maybe they let you out on parole for a few days and you have been recalled for breaching your licence conditions. That would explain a lot. Anyway I’d eat it albeit with a fork but that’s becuase I’m married to a Tory. 

I'd have just drank it directly from the bucket, like a pot noodle.

18 hours ago, an tha said:

Had this beauty the other day...

'Dirty Burger' - 8oz Burger with Pulled Pork (lots of it) Jalapenos and Jack Daniels Sauce, a fucking bomb load of cheese...a good solid mayo base, plenty of salad.

Very nice.

IMG-20220805-WA0050.jpg

Watch out for the small bald lad in the bottom right trying to nick it on you.