You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Eggs aren’t kept in fridges in supermarkets, are they? That said, I refrigerate eggs and butter.

In the US they are. Commercial eggs here get bleached. Once that happens they have to be refrigerated.

Natural eggs can be kept at room temps - have to do the float test with them buggers.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you are buying eggs from a supermarket you certainly need to refrigerate them. 

Not here you don’t. And shouldn’t. 

Eggs are porous and will take on the smell/flavours of other foods in the fridge. 

They’ll also not cook properly straight from the fridge. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Not here you don’t. And shouldn’t. 

I think they only get "porous" if treated. Or refrigerated. 

A natural egg is sealed isn't it? That's why you don't need to refrigerate it. 

Do you have to float your eggs to check before using them?

54 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Saw hummus getting grief on here the other day, which annoyed me, so I had some tonight.

dinnerdinner.jpg

Pitta bread with hummus; mushroom shawarma; goat's cheese stuffed cherry peppers; plus ready salted chip sticks.

Absolutely nothing wrong with hummus

Pita,lamb,salad,hummus 

Add some zatar to the hummus

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Saw hummus getting grief on here the other day, which annoyed me, so I had some tonight.

dinnerdinner.jpg

Pitta bread with hummus; mushroom shawarma; goat's cheese stuffed cherry peppers; plus ready salted chip sticks.

Quality this , certainly could do with a healthy dollop of tzatziki in there. Something crunchy too - carrot,celery?

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with hummus

I know, right? Certainly doesn't merit being compared to baby vomit or something.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Quality this , certainly could do with a healthy dollop of tzatziki in there. Something crunchy too - carrot,celery?

I can't do tsatziki. I have a visceral hatred of cucumber. Crudites aren't really my thing either. I like my vegetables cooked.

10 hours ago, Strontium said:

dinnerdinner.jpg

Those peppers are absolute food of the gods.

Dopamine-gasm.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Strontium said:

dinnerdinner.jpg

Looks good that Stronts. If I had to be critical you've gone a little low on the amount of cherry peppers.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

That looks lovely. What sauce did you have on the sarnie? 

Tartare. 2 pints of lager and lime then went home and fell asleep on a sunlounger in the garden, got sun burnt and missed an important work call. I’m getting too old for lunchtime drinking. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Tartare. 2 pints of lager and lime then went home and fell asleep on a sunlounger in the garden, got sun burnt and missed an important work call. I’m getting too old for lunchtime drinking. 

You're the reason Jacob Rees-Mogg keeps trying to get people back in the office.

Watch telly and tap the mouse every 5 minutes like a responsible adult.

• Upvote 2