You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

On 06/12/2021 at 21:51, neko said:

Pizza night last week. Wife is wondering why I all of a sudden am taking photos of our dinners.

Homemade pizza dough (easy) with chicken truffle sausages, olives, mushrooms and garlic. Odd for me to leave onions out, but I don't like to exceed four toppings. Added arugula (rocket) at the end of cooking.

Tequila and lime for margarita.

edit: like to slip in a bit of creamy brie with the mozzarella

HLWq9eE.jpg

Zoid56N.jpg

IbdlpRG.jpg

Looks lovely, that. Do you have the recipe for the pizza dough, please?

I’ve been in many a meeting room where a decent selection of biscuits, sometimes even pastries have been on offer. I’ve also been in plenty where you get the square root of fuck all.

Today was something new. Sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream at 3pm in the tea break. 

Very nice but I contributed nothing after I’d consumed it.

Or before it. 

672CDA69-D647-48D9-9F0B-EF15A3C4D88B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve been in many a meeting room where a decent selection of biscuits, sometimes even pastries have been on offer. I’ve also been in plenty where you get the square root of fuck all.

Today was something new. Sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream at 3pm in the tea break. 

Very nice but I contributed nothing after I’d consumed it.

Or before it. 

672CDA69-D647-48D9-9F0B-EF15A3C4D88B.jpeg

Phwoar 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Looks lovely, that. Do you have the recipe for the pizza dough, please?

2 cups flour (usually look for 00 flour, but regular is good enough)

1 cup warm water

2 teaspoons yeast (i can't be bothered to remember the different types)

1 teaspoon salt and sugar (or honey)

-add sugar to warm water to dissolve and then add yeast and wait five minutes for it to get foamy

-add salt to flour in mixing bowl

-add water/yeast to flour and stir (I just use a wooden spoon)

-flour a flat surface and knead dough for five minutes until nice and rubbery (might need a bit more flour to knead)

-put dough back in bowl with a drizzle of olive oil to coat and leave for two hours or more, covered with tea towel and in a cool place (not fridge)

-remove and stretch to desired shape. i like to add semolina flour at this point as well, mostly as the dough is a bit oily, wet. some on the dough, some on the baking sheet. don't try and stretch the dough all at once. it likes to rest a few minutes between stretching.

hope that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, neko said:

2 cups flour (usually look for 00 flour, but regular is good enough)

1 cup warm water

2 teaspoons yeast (i can't be bothered to remember the different types)

1 teaspoon salt and sugar (or honey)

-add sugar to warm water to dissolve and then add yeast and wait five minutes for it to get foamy

-add salt to flour in mixing bowl

-add water/yeast to flour and stir (I just use a wooden spoon)

-flour a flat surface and knead dough for five minutes until nice and rubbery (might need a bit more flour to knead)

-put dough back in bowl with a drizzle of olive oil to coat and leave for two hours or more, covered with tea towel and in a cool place (not fridge)

-remove and stretch to desired shape. i like to add semolina flour at this point as well, mostly as the dough is a bit oily, wet. some on the dough, some on the baking sheet. don't try and stretch the dough all at once. it likes to rest a few minutes between stretching.

hope that makes sense.

Thanks very much.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Is that tinned beans and sausage?

What a savant, taking antiquated ingredients and bringing them kicking and screaming, reinvented, into the 21st century.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and appreciate that you're in the company of greatness.

Absolutely. I understand now how it must have felt for the 19th Century French when Escoffier burst onto the scene. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Quite enjoyed reading this article 

Bros., Lecce: We Eat at The Worst Michelin Starred Restaurant, Ever

https://everywhereist.com/2021/12/bros-restaurant-lecce-we-eat-at-the-worst-michelin-starred-restaurant-ever/

Hahaha I liked this line at the end

P.S. – The next day, one of the staff tried contacting the only single female member of our party via Instagram messages. “Hey, I served you last night!” he wrote. She immediately blocked him.

On 10/12/2021 at 02:46, Strontium Dog™ said:

Quite enjoyed reading this article 

Bros., Lecce: We Eat at The Worst Michelin Starred Restaurant, Ever

https://everywhereist.com/2021/12/bros-restaurant-lecce-we-eat-at-the-worst-michelin-starred-restaurant-ever/

The chef has replied, proving he's just a pretentious wanker.