You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Trying to do a big cook-up so I have all my dinners sorted for next week. Woke up feeling like death for the second day in a row, so walked the dogs and now doing this to make me feel a smidgeon better.

Prawn jambalaya:

939DB15C-4760-483F-A404-0203DE79A835.jpeg

Baked lemon and herb salmon with roasted spuds and cherry tomatoes:

8987DD24-4E0E-4884-9D62-4A5D409FF9A9.jpeg

Chicken vindaloo with cardamom rice. Actually gonna eat this in a minute when it’s reduced and have a garlic and coriander naan bread waiting in the oven:

A66ED2FB-EC26-41C5-856B-EBBE7281BBF0.jpeg

Still got a chunky vegetable in tomato sauce and goat’s cheese pasta bake to do and a chicken stew with sundried tomatoes, then I can eat all the chocolate in the world and keel over for a nap.

That jambalaya looks immense. I hope you are chewing on tobacco and have some straw in your mouth to complete the experience.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

That jambalaya looks immense. I hope you are chewing on tobacco and have some straw in your mouth to complete the experience.

Ha. Cheers mate.

The pasta bake looks pretty dry and shit in this photo but I’ve made it before and it’s bloody lovely.

6F958B37-0AA8-4965-B660-6596E172EF43.jpeg

Just boshed the stew out as well. I feel vaguely human again now.

E6CC2478-5914-49B7-8298-7A1412F121ED.jpeg

I’ll never win any cookery or presentation prizes, but it’s all fucking tasty and full of flavour.

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Your wish is my command, Tone. Eating my own rapidly expanding body weight in chocolate with you is one of my forumite goals before I leave this mortal realm. Using a knife, fork and spoon, of course.

I’ve gained a couple of stone since the turn of the year, having rediscovered Galaxy Ripple and buying this whenever it’s on offer. In my defence, I’m eating for two, as my wife was diagnosed with diabetes last year.

EDA9472D-788D-433B-81D7-18CE7F16396D.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Your wish is my command, Tone. Eating my own rapidly expanding body weight in chocolate with you is one of my forumite goals before I leave this mortal realm. Using a knife, fork and spoon, of course.

I embarrassed myself in a charity shop in St John’s Wood a couple of weeks back.

I’m adamant they had a Debbie Harry annual in the window when I rode past on my bike, looked like mid 80’s or there about, but I was at speed and unable to fully gage.

Anyhows I popped in and, after chaining my bike to a car as there were no nearby places to hold that steed, tried to purchase said gold.

I had every intention of posting it the Tone, but, alas, it was a Cheryl Baker one and I looked a right tit.

Sorry, Big T.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

A simple foody pleasure, but I'm currently roasting 20 bulbs of garlic from the garden ready to store in olive oil. Absolutely magic stuff.

Make this Karl - it's fantastic.

https://eatinginmoosejaw.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/100-garlic-clove-curry/

p.s. Moose Jaw is in Saskatchewan. It was the best link for the recipe though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just made an epic burger.

Beef mince, diced onion, garlic, Henderson’s relish, oregano, beef stock patty. Cheese slice, as I’m heathen enough to think nothing else compares in a burger. Smoked bacon. Sliced tomato. Gem lettuce. Red onion chutney. Brioche bun.

With an absolute mountain of paprika spiced potato wedges. 

Didn’t take a photo as I couldn’t get it in quick enough. Happiness levels currently through the roof.

• Upvote 2

On 27/06/2021 at 16:55, Harry's Lad said:

I won't touch seafood. Cockles, mussels, whelks, oysters, crab, lobster, even prawns or shrimps.

The smell knocks me sick.

Phwoar you're missing out on some of the best food on the planet there mate! My missus goes sick when I'm sat there eating cockles out of the jar, she has to leave the room. Bloody vegans 

• Upvote 1