You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

25 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The boy Chris got me The Curry Guy book for my birthday. Done two so far, absolutely gorgeous. As close to a, "Curry house " curry as I've ever managed at home. 

Chicken Dansak and Bhindi Masala 

20210406_180256.jpg

20210408_180240.jpg

What's it called?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Trying to do a big cook-up so I have all my dinners sorted for next week. Woke up feeling like death for the second day in a row, so walked the dogs and now doing this to make me feel a smidgeon better.

Prawn jambalaya:

939DB15C-4760-483F-A404-0203DE79A835.jpeg

Baked lemon and herb salmon with roasted spuds and cherry tomatoes:

8987DD24-4E0E-4884-9D62-4A5D409FF9A9.jpeg

Chicken vindaloo with cardamom rice. Actually gonna eat this in a minute when it’s reduced and have a garlic and coriander naan bread waiting in the oven:

A66ED2FB-EC26-41C5-856B-EBBE7281BBF0.jpeg

Still got a chunky vegetable in tomato sauce and goat’s cheese pasta bake to do and a chicken stew with sundried tomatoes, then I can eat all the chocolate in the world and keel over for a nap.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Trying to do a big cook-up so I have all my dinners sorted for next week. Woke up feeling like death for the second day in a row, so walked the dogs and now doing this to make me feel a smidgeon better.

Prawn jambalaya:

939DB15C-4760-483F-A404-0203DE79A835.jpeg

Baked lemon and herb salmon with roasted spuds and cherry tomatoes:

8987DD24-4E0E-4884-9D62-4A5D409FF9A9.jpeg

Chicken vindaloo with cardamom rice. Actually gonna eat this in a minute when it’s reduced and have a garlic and coriander naan bread waiting in the oven:

A66ED2FB-EC26-41C5-856B-EBBE7281BBF0.jpeg

Still got a chunky vegetable in tomato sauce and goat’s cheese pasta bake to do and a chicken stew with sundried tomatoes, then I can eat all the chocolate in the world and keel over for a nap.

Will you marry me?

On 24/06/2021 at 18:40, Colonel Kurtz said:

Oysters are my favourite food. My last meal on death row would be a dozen oysters and a bottle of chilled Chablis. Give them a try and report back. 

I won't touch seafood. Cockles, mussels, whelks, oysters, crab, lobster, even prawns or shrimps.

The smell knocks me sick.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You mean shellfish here right?

A fried piece of cod does not smell like fish.

Yes shellfish.

I don't mind cod, haddock etc, but not with skin on and I'm very cautious when I have it. If I get a bone, that's it, I won't eat it.