You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

On 15/02/2021 at 21:35, Chip Butty said:

After explaining to her about the world of woman thread and that she has made some key contributions, she definitely thinks it's weird and we're all a gang of piss-taking cunts. And she's right! 

When the Mrs is being dangerous she often says "you're gonna put this on the forum aren't you?".

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned this series before, and Netflix pulled it within weeks. But this is one of the best cooking shows I've ever watched. Some really interesting stories and really inspiring. 

I ended up buying a good few books based off these shows. 

The Sean Brock southern cooking in season 6 really changed the outlook on US southern cooking

Anyway its back on Netflixs

I know I mentioned it to @lifetime fan

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I mentioned this series before, and Netflix pulled it within weeks. But this is one of the best cooking shows I've ever watched. Some really interesting stories and really inspiring. 

I ended up buying a good few books based off these shows. 

The Sean Brock southern cooking in season 6 really changed the outlook on US southern cooking

Anyway its back on Netflixs

I know I mentioned it to @lifetime fan

Just watched a bit of that, it's as boring as fuck. 

Do they actually show you how to cook things or just give their life story?

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Recipe blogs wind me up with that shit. If I'm making her a nice vegan meal I have to scroll through a load of shite just to get ingredients and coking instructions. I don't give a fuck that your grandad came up wit it while he did a shit in Loch Langavat in the Outer Hebrides 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just watched a bit of that, it's as boring as fuck. 

No, it's not a recipe show really. You can pick bits up but it won't teach you how to cook. It's about the chefs and why they do what they do and what inspires them

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Recipe blogs wind me up with that shit. If I'm making her a nice vegan meal I have to scroll through a load of shite just to get ingredients and coking instructions. I don't give a fuck that your grandad came up wit it while he did a shit in Loch Langavat in the Outer Hebrides 

Yeah it's annoying, as are those pop up videos.

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No, it's not a recipe show really. You can pick bits up but it won't teach you how to cook. It's about the chefs and why they do what they do and what inspires them

I liked it Lee.

First one I saw was Francis Mallmann, and it got me all inspired about outdoor cooking. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah it's annoying, as are those pop up videos.

Saying that though I could watch Nigella detail medieval torture techniques and I'd still rip my cock off and throw it through the telly like a fucking dart 

1 minute ago, neko said:

I liked it Lee.

First one I saw was Francis Mallmann, and it got me all inspired about outdoor cooking. 

What a beautiful part of the world. Absolutely the sort of place I'd look to live if money wasn't a issue. 

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yea, it is about why they cook how they cook. Brock is excellent, been to Husk in Charleston. Great space and they serve chicken skin so....

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, it is about why they cook how they cook. Brock is excellent, been to Husk in Charleston. Great space and they serve chicken skin so....

Ended up buying two of his books and Edward Lee's smoke and pickles

• Upvote 1

I'm not yet

I took a look through it and just went, fuck that's gonna be tough. 

I'll have to see what I can get in London without paying silly money. Or make friends with some US military lot from the bases not to far away