You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

On 20/08/2020 at 19:47, Colonel Kurtz said:

The walls are starting to go up but fuck me it’s a slow process. One builder and he goes home at 3pm most days. He won’t come at all if it’s raining. It’s never going to finished by Christmas and Mrs Kurtz has planned a big lunch with the family. 

image.jpg

Should have got waterproof bricks.

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I have no idea who Champ is, let alone that she’s off limits. Somebody should write a guide to all of this shit, it’s like navigating a fucking minefield. Anyway I will take on board your sage advice. Thanks 

Champ is the nicest, kindest person on TLW, you bastard.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It's not funny anymore. We haven't had a bathroom since July and have taken to spending one night a week in the Holiday Inn just so the kids can have a bath. I am never having any building work done in the middle of a global pandemic ever again. 

You only had to ask. Friend rates.

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Sainsbury’s have got San pelligrinos on sale. I’m trying to cut back on the wine so these are my new evening treat instead of a bottle of claret.

437DE45F-1FCE-4D0C-9276-FBC2C0263E0C.jpeg

That’s a brilliant saving. I’ll be investigating our local Sainsbos 

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Sainsbury’s have got San pelligrinos on sale. I’m trying to cut back on the wine so these are my new evening treat instead of a bottle of claret.

437DE45F-1FCE-4D0C-9276-FBC2C0263E0C.jpeg

Aldi do an own brand version of San Pellegrino that's 79p a litre, think they do orange, blood orange and lemon and mint. Only tried the orange one so far but to my unrefined taste buds it tastes identical. You need to drink it fairly quickly though as it goes flat fast after it's been opened. They don't do tins of it which seems a wasted opportunity 

23 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I shall be investigating that. I’m trying to cut back on the booze (and other stimulants ) 

Not the sugar then if your drinking San Pelgrinno 

The effects of cutting sugar out of your diet for a few days is crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

San Pellegrino changed its recipe due to the sugar tax I think. 

Edit: They've replaced sugar with Stevia whatever that is

Stevie is just a shitty sweetener. 

They tell diabetics to use it instead. It's sweeter than sugar. 

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well it’s the same colour as sugar I suppose. Costs a lot more though. 

I loved the stuff. But only get it now and again these days. Doesn't half spike my blood sugar so it's an occasional treat. 

Shame as its far nicer than most things, the sharpness was lovely in the summer

Comment was more off the cuff with the stimulants bit. Stopping sugar is a bastard, takes 28 days to leave your system and headaches and energy levels collspse