You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Is the other one good? 

Not got it yet

pretty much the same.

if you like the first one, it's worth buying.

i enjoyed making cedar twig gin and tonics for a few weeks at the lodge last summer.

Home-made bread, toasted, some diced cheddar cheese, then an over-easy egg on top, with the yolk seeping down melting the cheese and onto the toast. Cup of coffee, cup of tea.

Perfect way to kick off a lazy Sunday morning watching the unmentionable.

As much as I enjoyed being off work, there's something to be said for old routines: swearing away at work all week, then doing sweet fuck all on the week-end.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Looks great. Do you have a recipe for making the burgers?

There are not mine. 

Only got today and tomorrow off as I'm working 14 out the next 16 days so bought them yesterday. Definitely going to try my own in a few weeks though. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

There are not mine. 

Only got today off so bought them yesterday. Definitely going to try my own in a few weeks though. 

cheers, update us on results - duck is cheap here so I’ve tried burgers a few times but struggled to make a good one

These where very soft under the crust. 

Don't think there was inside as a binder so I won't be adding breadcrumbs, maybe a single small egg. 

Fairly course duck mince, hoisin sauce, grated ginger and spring onion, with a touch of 5 spice would likely be the starting point. Maybe a small bit of chilli

• Upvote 1

In the glorious weather, I had a hankering for the mouthwatering, simple seafood we ate lots of in Lisbon a few years back. Got on the phone to the local fishmonger, had a delivery that evening and stuck the BBQ on. Whole grilled mackerel with garlic prawns and scallops served with lemony, herby potatoes (I love these - preserved lemons, garlic and whatever mix of herbs from the garden, usually rosemary, sage, mint, parsley). Hit the fucking spot, it was sensational:

20200625_193254.jpg

Next week we have an order for a bucketload of the prawns so hoping for another nice day to stick them all on the BBQ and serve them with some good sauces and homemade bread.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

In the glorious weather, I had a hankering for the mouthwatering, simple seafood we ate lots of in Lisbon a few years back. Got on the phone to the local fishmonger, had a delivery that evening and stuck the BBQ on. Whole grilled mackerel with garlic prawns and scallops served with lemony, herby potatoes (I love these - preserved lemons, garlic and whatever mix of herbs from the garden, usually rosemary, sage, mint, parsley). Hit the fucking spot, it was sensational:

20200625_193254.jpg

Next week we have an order for a bucketload of the prawns so hoping for another nice day to stick them all on the BBQ and serve them with some good sauces and homemade bread.

That looks amazing