You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

@lifetime fan did you see all of that series before netflix pulled it?

There's a new one in there now 'A chefs table' that's quiet good. 

My fucking quseless bastard cooker oven stopped qworlking the other day. 6 weeks out of warrenty. So I'm left cooking with the rings and a slow cooker till I sort it out. Pain in the arse as I'm trying to hold off as we are hoping to move back towards the town n centre as we're we are has changed to much. No point changing it till I know if we move or not 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

@lifetime fan did you see all of that series before netflix pulled it?

There's a new one in there now 'A chefs table' that's quiet good. 

My fucking quseless bastard cooker oven stopped qworlking the other day. 6 weeks out of warrenty. So I'm left cooking with the rings and a slow cooker till I sort it out. Pain in the arse as I'm trying to hold off as we are hoping to move back towards the town n centre as we're we are has changed to much. No point changing it till I know if we move or not 

Your spellchecker is fucked as well.

On 24/05/2020 at 18:22, Aw Geez said:

Still can't get strong bread flour near me because of coronacunt preppers. So my pizza bases are all over the place. Just 6/10's so far.

You’ll get some in a small supermarket or independent deli now

On 24/05/2020 at 18:22, Aw Geez said:

Still can't get strong bread flour near me because of coronacunt preppers. So my pizza bases are all over the place. Just 6/10's so far.

You inspired me

D8C60956-6B36-49D5-8AD9-9366FFD5CAA5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I did the inevitable and took to making sourdough during lockdown, thanks to a ready supply of good bread flour from a local bakers. A mixed appearance with some of the batches, but all edible, some delicious and the bagels incredible (genuinely the best ones I've ever tasted):

20200519_103317.jpg

20200523_090141.jpg

20200511_095827.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The bagels look ridiculously good - did you do the boiling and everything?

Yup! They really taught me the lesson about decent flour though, I used bog standard plain stuff for a second batch and they tasted fine but the texture wasn't right at all, they didn't rise and the boil went badly. There are so many variables with sourdough though: too hot, too cold, this dough is too fucking lumpy you fussy Goldilocks bread bastard.

We loaded them with either cream cheese, salmon and dill or beef, hot mustard and gherkins. Oh marone.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Yup! They really taught me the lesson about decent flour though, I used bog standard plain stuff for a second batch and they tasted fine but the texture wasn't right at all, they didn't rise and the boil went badly. There are so many variables with sourdough though: too hot, too cold, this dough is too fucking lumpy you fussy Goldilocks bread bastard.

We loaded them with either cream cheese, salmon and dill or beef, hot mustard and gherkins. Oh marone.

Stop it I'm starving now