You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Anchovies, garlic and rosemary go amazing with roast lamb I promise you. 

They do indeed, but it might be better to make little incisions in the lamb and push little slices of the garlic, rosemary and anchovy into them. The flavour will permeate the meat subtly and they won't burn.*

* Before you lot say anything, I know who's doing the cooking!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

They do indeed, but it might be better to make little incisions in the lamb and push little slices of the garlic, rosemary and anchovy into them. The flavour will permeate the meat subtly and they won't burn.*

* Before you lot say anything, I know who's doing the cooking!

Did that as well. 

Look at the pic. 

On 24/04/2020 at 21:06, mgw100 said:

A fried egg is incredible on a burger

Defintiely. The hole in the wall burger place (can't remember if that is what it was called), near the bombed out church, used to do a 2lb burger with fried egg on top. Just what was needed after kicking out time at the Blue Angel. Incredible indeed!

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Anybody used Nakiri knives? Got any recommedations? Probably Lifey has.

Never used them mate, I have global so can’t really comment on them. 

All I would say is if you’re spending serious money on knives go Japanese or German. 

• Upvote 2

My 10 year old has taken a massive interest in cooking during lockdown. He's obsessed with making pasta from scratch at the moment, so today we made cheese and chorizo ravioli - his own recipe. I was expecting to taste it and nod politely but it was actually really fucking good! Presentation not a strong point though.

49849810268_0aa2999606_k.jpg

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Never used them mate, I have global so can’t really comment on them. 

All I would say is if you’re spending serious money on knives go Japanese or German. 

Cheers, mate. I've got Wusthof and Global, but for the Nakiri wanted a proper Japanese type. It's just a case of finding out which ones are actually made in Japan, rather than outsourced to a factory in China.

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Cheers, mate. I've got Wusthof and Global, but for the Nakiri wanted a proper Japanese type. It's just a case of finding out which ones are actually made in Japan, rather than outsourced to a factory in China.

If you’ve spent that much money on knives mate you’ll know far more than me! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Defintiely. The hole in the wall burger place (can't remember if that is what it was called), near the bombed out church, used to do a 2lb burger with fried egg on top. Just what was needed after kicking out time at the Blue Angel. Incredible indeed!

The free state kitchen? 

Flights to Northern Ireland are probably not advisable in this lockdown (if ever, to be honest), and unfortunately the pastry was so perfectly flaky, they wouldn't survive a journey in a parcel.

But they were the nicest sausage roll I've ever eaten.

The sausage meat ingredients may divide opinion:

Steak mince

Stuffing

Onion

Carrot

Egg

Salt

Pepper

Milk